S & N Civils open day

WeegieDave

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was rubbish, we got there at half 10 or maybe nearer 11, waited a while and then we were told that they didnt have time to interview plant operators, they only had time for the engineers etc. useless! but we were given contact details so we could send cv or ring so not too bad i suppose.

What time were you there dave?

it was rubbish, we got there at half 10 or maybe nearer 11, waited a while and then we were told that they didnt have time to interview plant operators, they only had time for the engineers etc. useless! but we were given contact details so we could send cv or ring so not too bad i suppose.

What time were you there dave?

I was there at the same time as you. I got there at 10.00 and got taken in at 11.00. I must have walked past you on the way out!

Hi guy's I was there as well, got there about 10:30 got taken at 12:00 for a whole 5 minutes never got a chance to ask any questions just got asked a few basics questions and told to send details via email. Done it all today, what a waste of time. Any luck on the job front Dave?

Hi guy's I was there as well, got there about 10:30 got taken at 12:00 for a whole 5 minutes never got a chance to ask any questions just got asked a few basics questions and told to send details via email. Done it all today, what a waste of time. Any luck on the job front Dave?

Thats a shame, it didnt seem very well organised did it. when we went in there was a guy running around with paper trying to see who had arrived first but obviously some people were lying. we waited a while then a guy came out and said they couldnt speak to plant operators. There seemed to of been a lot there. Bit of a waste of time, we emailed him the other day but still havent heard anything.

Hope you two are lucky :wubclub:

He's not back in Oz until the 16th, I was speaking to a guy there who's mate went to one of their last open days and they flew him out to Oz for an interview and he is now waiting on his 475 visa and he's hoping to be out just after Chritmas. He was a machine operator, there's always hope.

He's not back in Oz until the 16th, I was speaking to a guy there who's mate went to one of their last open days and they flew him out to Oz for an interview and he is now waiting on his 475 visa and he's hoping to be out just after Chritmas. He was a machine operator, there's always hope.

holy moly thats great, thanks for giving me a little bit hope. I saw some irish guys there and im pretty sure they had actually travelled over from ireland so i felt a bit sorry for them when we got told no machine operators, hopefully they hadnt travelled over for only that. We should of started this thread before the open day so we could of at least said hello to each other lol :laugh:

I was a bit surprised as well, I can only assume that they wer sure he had the experience they wanted. He did tell me that they had work all over OZ with more in the pipeline for the turn of the year. Lets hope hope we all get a chance with them. It would be nice for someone else to pay the moving costs, I am having kittens thinking about moving furniture, car, kids, wife and dog:arghh:

I can imagine! its all very expensive especially for familys. we dont need much paid for us, just a young couple with no kids and the dogs are retiring to daves mums unfortunately. so really its just our flights and visa costs and i dont know if they would offer to pay a rental for the first month, ive heard of companies doing that but maybe thats just for the engineers etc. Yeah it would be great if we all got a job! so desperate to go

Anyone go to any of the open days across the UK?

Dont know if it was the same one but we went to the immigration info jobs open day which included Aust NZ and Canada, it was held in Hammersmith.

Although we didnt go to find out information we went armed with CV's loads of documentation on dongles that we could leave with prospective empoyers.

My Partner basically ended up having a really long chat with one company who we then furthered our enquires with via email and he ended up getting a job with them in Brisbane. They paid all of our expenses to move etc

So it was very worthwhile for us

I was a bit surprised as well, I can only assume that they wer sure he had the experience they wanted. He did tell me that they had work all over OZ with more in the pipeline for the turn of the year. Lets hope hope we all get a chance with them. It would be nice for someone else to pay the moving costs, I am having kittens thinking about moving furniture, car, kids, wife and dog:arghh:

Yes, I was in the the guy for about 10 minutes. I had a chat with him. They do have work all over Oz at the moment and they are growing at a rapid pace. I hear there is some debate as to whether it is 'too much too soon' for the company but if we get jobs out of it then we can't complain!

He told me that he will hopefully be back over here at the end of feb or the beginning of march to do interviews but his HR dept will let everyone know one way or another.

tut tut imagine not even saying hello! :P yep we probably saw each other, i was the very grumpy looking girl wearing the bright pink hoody. im glad we hadnt travelled far and then been turned away or i would of kicked some australian butt!!!!

You may have saw me on the way out. I am tall with fair hair and was wearing a striped shirt with a purple tie?

derham.. i know this is like a game of guess who lol but were you the guy in the black suit with glasses? cos i was just thinking there when you said that you were talking to a guy about machinery operators, the guy i was beside was doing that too. Just thought id see if it was you!

No I was wearing a checked shirt and chinos, thought I would go casual.