hellsbells712

Fringe benefits, centrelink, salary packaging, confused.com

Help someone please !!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

I'm trying to fill in my centrelink application and am stuck on the section for payments :- Reportable fringe benefits.

Is fringe benefits different to my salary packaging. Nothing is very clear and I have got myself all in a muddle. Is being allowed so much toward my uniforms a fringe benefit or is this just used when it comes to tax forms at the end of the year.

I dont have a company car or anything like this.

Any help would be much appreciated

x Helen

Helen (Business Owner/Nurse) Neil, Connor 10,Natasha 8. Visa granted 15/03/2011, moved and settled Gold Coast, QLD 05/04/2011. Living the dream- Lady Helen of Helensvale:laugh:

I see that you're a nurse. I reckon 99.9% have no fringe benefits. Unless you're a community nurse and can use your car for private use?

Uniforms are a work essential (tax allowable if you pay for them) and not a benefit.

Fringe benefits are "payments in kind" and if you haven't got any of them, then no fringe benefits.

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Thanks very much, no not in community so sure I don't get any FB.

I didnt think so. I just didn't want to add the wrong details on my form, suppose at the end of the day they'll just claim it back from me if they overpay us anyway. .

Its just all confusing. Gonna get my form done now. Cheers. x H

Helen (Business Owner/Nurse) Neil, Connor 10,Natasha 8. Visa granted 15/03/2011, moved and settled Gold Coast, QLD 05/04/2011. Living the dream- Lady Helen of Helensvale:laugh: