Snakes/Spiders book??

paulswin

Guest guest37336

Hi Paulswin.

There are many good books on the market, I admit some are a little dated, but these are a few the better ones I have in my collection.:idea:

And if you want some very thorough and excellent advice, have a look at the link below. I have just signed up for an online course ($35) and am looking forward to starting it.

http://www.workingwithwildlife.com.au/

Cheers Tony.

books_comp_sml.jpg

books_comp_sml.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good snakes and spiders book. Want to know which ones to walk away from and which ones to run away quickly from!!!! Looked on amazon but can find any recent books!

For spiders, if you're particularly interested in a visual guide, you might try this. http://www.steveparish.com.au/product?code=1018114 . I don't know this particular book, but Steve Parish is one if not the most famous nature and wildlife photographer in Australia.

Cheers,

Cedric

Can anyone recommend a good snakes and spiders book. Want to know which ones to walk away from and which ones to run away quickly from!!!! Looked on amazon but can find any recent books!

G'day mate, any help?

http://www.museum.wa.gov.au/store/museum-books/all

Dangerous Land Snakes of Western Australia (Poster)

Authors: Brad Maryan Paul Doughty

Pages: 1

Cover:

ISBN: 978 1 920843 63 2

It is important to learn about the snakes that inhabit your area. There are 54 species of venomous land snakes known to inhabit Western Australia. Of these, the majority are venomous but considered too small to be harmful to humans. But there are 14 snakes that are considered dangerously venomous, capable of inflicting a bite that requires antivenom treatment.

The poster also includes First Aid information.

'Dangerous Land Snakes of Western Australia' is also available as an iphone app from the itunes store.

$9.95

Cheers, Bobj.

Snakes generally leave you alone apart from Brown and Tiger snakes and Taipans and they are cranky.

Spiders are everywhere but they certainly do not chase you.

No chavs which is a blessing.

Aussi human population is increasing so really these critters are not too much to worry about!

Not quite right, mate. Had a few encounters with those three and NONE were cranky. Used to go fishing along the Beardy Waters watercourse in northern NSW and came into contact with up to 12 tiger snakes in a session. Never been threatened, indeed, had one actually crawl around my boot as I was standing at the water's edge. Have had taipans in our garden that just moved away as I approached them. Same with browns, king browns etc in the Kimberlies.

The key is to allow them sufficient space to do their 'thing'.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 3 weeks later...

I lived on large acreage for a few years, had a good number of snakes, spiders etc over that time on the land. No problems with any of them they all try to keep out of your way. Only one small incident when my son got bitten by a white tail spider on his ankle in the shed. He got the flesh eating virus from it but with the doctors care and supervision it got better in a couple of weeks. He wasn't physically unwell with it. Don't worry the wildlife wants to keep out of your way