Personal statement for de facto visa

Guest Beckie

Hey guys

i was wondering if any body could give me some advise on writing the personal statemet for the de-facto visa

i have seen the areas of which they would like you to cover, but i was wondering if there were any templates that any body knows of that my self and my partner could take a look at

any help much appreciated

Bec

Guest GoldCoastMag

When we wrote ours we followed the areas they asked for and just wrote as if answering a friend (well I did) the OH did a dot point shorter version.

I dont think there is a template as I believe DIAC want it in your own words. Just go for it, it is your story so there are no wrong answers.

good luck

Hey guys

i was wondering if any body could give me some advise on writing the personal statemet for the de-facto visa

i have seen the areas of which they would like you to cover, but i was wondering if there were any templates that any body knows of that my self and my partner could take a look at

any help much appreciated

Bec

My parter and I (we applied offshore), wrote a single joint statement that started "To whom it may concern" and then detailed:

- how and when we first met

- when we started a relationship

- when we moved in together

- when we met each others parents

- when we decided to buy a house together

- a little about how we split household chores and finances

- and lastly a comment about why we wanted to move to Australia together

We didn't bother getting it witnessed and it was never questioned. Happily living in Australia now. :biggrin: