traceyd

Working at Ramsay Health group

Hi all,

I am a paediatric nurse and am looking at applying for a job at North Shore Hospital, Ramsay Health Group, as they are advertising for paediatric nurses. Does anyone work for the Ramsay Health Group, especially this hospital or in paediatrics. I would like to know a bit more about the hospital as the website doesn't include the paediatric ward, and are they a good company to work for?

Thanks, Tracey

Tracey 457 visa applied on 12/6/2012, 457 visa granted 18/07/2012, arrived in Sydney 30/01/2013

186 agreement stream nomination lodged 20/11/13, nomination approved 18th February 2013, application submitted 8th February 2013, 186 visa approved 6th March 2014

Hi Tracey, I've secured a job with Ramsay Health however i've yet to organise a start date as my visa application is still in progress. Ive been stalking PIO looking to find out what they're like to work for but cant seem to find much about them. What i have found though is that since securing a job with them they have been great, very friendly and outlining everything i have to do in order to gain my nursing reg, visa etc. Hopefully this is a good sign of what is yet to come.....:smile:

That sounds very promising. Is that as an adult nurse? I don't seem to find paediatric wards on their website, yet they were advertising for paediatric nurses. Haven't applied for the time being, will keep looking. Good luck, did they sponsor you for PR visa?

Tracey 457 visa applied on 12/6/2012, 457 visa granted 18/07/2012, arrived in Sydney 30/01/2013

186 agreement stream nomination lodged 20/11/13, nomination approved 18th February 2013, application submitted 8th February 2013, 186 visa approved 6th March 2014

Yes im an adult trained nurse. Im going on a 457 visa however there was the option of going on a PR visa. That was a fair bit more expensive so i opted for the temp visa until im sure i want to stay permanently. I had my interview with them in March 2011 and told them i wasn't planning to relocate until July 2012 to which they kindly offered a delayed commencement. They offer a $3k relocation allowance which is also a bonus. Have you registered with AHPRA yet? if not i'd advise you to do it asap because they take forever!

I registered with AHPRA and it only took 3 weeks for my registration, want to be there by end of Oct 2012, as have to go to AHPRA office by 8th November.

Thats great, you must be one of the lucky ones. I sent my application at the beginning of Aug and im still not registered. I've been reading some horror stories on here saying that it can take up to a year....i hope not! I cant apply for my visa until my reg is approved, grrr...

Well the best of luck to you in your job hunt. Hopefully you'll manage to get a job lined up for your new start in oz :smile:

Guest Clare170580

Hi pamdav,

Just reading ur post and was wondering if I could just ask how u went about geting ur interview? I'm an adult trained nurse and looking at emigrating but haven't applied for visa or anything yet.....did they offer you either a 176 visa or a 457 visa? Did u apply staight to the hospitals? Any info would br greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Clare

x

Hi pamdav,

Just reading ur post and was wondering if I could just ask how u went about geting ur interview? I'm an adult trained nurse and looking at emigrating but haven't applied for visa or anything yet.....did they offer you either a 176 visa or a 457 visa? Did u apply staight to the hospitals? Any info would br greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Clare

x

Hi Clare,

I went onto the Ramsay Health website and at that time they were doing an overseas recruitment drive. I applied and was interviewed face to face in Glasgow. Following that i was offered a job in Hollywood Private Hospital in Perth (457 visa). If you go onto their website they are still advertising for overseas nurses and tells you how to apply....

http://www.ramsayjobs.com.au/Overseas-Nurses/default.aspx

Good luck! :-)

Pamela x

Guest Hacking family

Hi Pamela, i've been offered a job at Hollywood although they want me to apply for a PR 121 visa. They seem to be reasonably helpful and have emailed me a very helpful next steps info sheet. I applied direct to Hollywood and had a phone interview, i'm going to be working in theatre, what about you?

Not sure how long this visa will take but can't wait to get there.

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Im not too sure what area i'll be working in, my contract just says clinical services. I should probably enquire about that actually ha. Are you a theatre nurse here? When are you planning to go? I feel the same, cant wait to get there! Hopefully we should be there for July. I havent been able to apply for my visa yet as i still havent received AHPRA eligibility. Its taking forvever and im feeling very impatient now. I just want to start planning my getaway! :-)

Guest Hacking family

Hi Pam, I am an anaesthetic and recovery nurse here in Burnley. We hope to get out to Oz as soon as poss but drowning under paperwork at the moment, currently gathering evidence for visa application and trying to save up for the costs involved too. It's like one step forward 10 steps backward at the moment so frustrating, we've decided not to set a date for moving until we get the visa as we keep having to change our goalposts lol. Keep in touch, hopefully see you in Oz. Sarah

Good stuff, at least you'll be familiar with the role and it wont be too much of a change. The whole visa process is pretty stressful isnt it? I think I've somehow managed to organise everything I need ready for my visa application, so when im eventually registered with AHPRA I can just go straight ahead and apply. I think I'll do 14 cartwheels in celebration when my visa is granted and I dont have to worry about it anymore! Good luck with the rest of your planning, i hope it all goes smoothly. Speak soon :smile:

Guest Hacking family
Good stuff, at least you'll be familiar with the role and it wont be too much of a change. The whole visa process is pretty stressful isnt it? I think I've somehow managed to organise everything I need ready for my visa application, so when im eventually registered with AHPRA I can just go straight ahead and apply. I think I'll do 14 cartwheels in celebration when my visa is granted and I dont have to worry about it anymore! Good luck with the rest of your planning, i hope it all goes smoothly. Speak soon :smile:

Hi Pam, just wondered how you were getting on. My visa has been granted and we have booked flights for the 28 June and I have my orientation day on the 16 July. We are staying with friends in Baldivis so just hoping the commute is not too tedious. Speak soon, Sarah

Hi Pam, just wondered how you were getting on. My visa has been granted and we have booked flights for the 28 June and I have my orientation day on the 16 July. We are staying with friends in Baldivis so just hoping the commute is not too tedious. Speak soon, Sarah

Hi Sarah :-) glad to hear everything is falling into place for you. All seems to be going in the right direction at our end too. Visa approved, flights booked for 9th July (eek), orientation 6th Aug. My plans have changed a wee bit though. I thought I would chance my luck and ask Ramsay Health if I can be placed in Joondalup Hospital instead of Hollywood as we'll be staying in Carramar (5 mins from Joondalup) and they said yes! So im just waiting for them to send me my new contract to find out which department i'll be working in :-) Its all becoming very real now!

Guest Hacking family
Hi Sarah :-) glad to hear everything is falling into place for you. All seems to be going in the right direction at our end too. Visa approved, flights booked for 9th July (eek), orientation 6th Aug. My plans have changed a wee bit though. I thought I would chance my luck and ask Ramsay Health if I can be placed in Joondalup Hospital instead of Hollywood as we'll be staying in Carramar (5 mins from Joondalup) and they said yes! So im just waiting for them to send me my new contract to find out which department i'll be working in :-) Its all becoming very real now!

oh how exciting for you all, that's good that you've managed to get a swap and be nearer to work. Hope it all works out for you, keep in touch, Sarah