You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Alan H

121/856 dependent Parents Inlaw functional English question ?

I'm Canadian, my wife is Russian and my parents in-law are also Russian.

They live with us in Canada, they have their Canadian pr and are on their way to Canadian citizenship

The parents-inlaw are dependent on me for their survival.

I was trying to figure out how the language requirements work.

It says "How well does the dependent communicate in English?"

Better than functional

Functional

Limited

Not at all

Is there some clarification outline some where on how you determine this ?

Are there language tests needed for depend ants on 121/856 visas ?

Does this question kick off some additional documents if you don't mark better than functional ?

I haven't been able to find anything so far so your help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Does them being married have any impact on us sponsoring them ?

Is it better for them to be Canadian Citizens or Permanent residents and just pay the language training ?

Alan

Bringing them will mean they need a visa I believe and these visas for aged people are very hard to get unless a lot of money is paid over. The medicals are strict and depends on their health and how much the country would have to provide for their care.

I believe there is a seven year waiting list for parents to join their children here if they opt for not making the payment.

Look up visas for parents.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

There is an article in our papers today about a couple from South Africa who have been living here on a bridging visa with their daughter, the chap has failed the medical and now immigration want to deport them back to South Africa despite the fact that there is no-one to look after them.

Its a minefield and you need to really look very closely into it.

Petals

Bringing them will mean they need a visa I believe and these visas for aged people are very hard to get unless a lot of money is paid over. The medicals are strict and depends on their health and how much the country would have to provide for their care.

I believe there is a seven year waiting list for parents to join their children here if they opt for not making the payment.

Look up visas for parents.

Yes if I was planning on bringing them over on a parental visa then yes. My hopes are to bring them over on a 121 visa as a dependent. You can include parents who are dependent on you for their survival on your application. Similar to how you would do that for a child over 18.

Wat I am looking for is someone that has actually done that before.

Alan.

We looked at putting my mother in law (also a Russian speaker) as a dependant on our application but decided not to due to the "one fail, all fail rule". If they are over 65 my understanding is that the language requirement isn't applicable however.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Yes if I was planning on bringing them over on a parental visa then yes. My hopes are to bring them over on a 121 visa as a dependent. You can include parents who are dependent on you for their survival on your application. Similar to how you would do that for a child over 18.

Wat I am looking for is someone that has actually done that before.

Alan.

I suggest you ask a migration agent.

People with children with medical problems who are dependent have to go through the hoops too. Its not an easy path its all about what you can do for the country not what the country can do for you.

Also read the thread for parents who are migrating and you will get an idea of times.

Petals

My hopes are to bring them over on a 121 visa as a dependent. You can include parents who are dependent on you for their survival on your application. Similar to how you would do that for a child over 18.

You can only include single parents as secondary applicants on this type of visa.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

You can only include single parents as secondary applicants on this type of visa.

Is there anyway around that they are both entirely dependent on us for everything ?

Alan.