Sign in to follow this  
fleabo

The cost of carbon brushes....

Just a word of warning to anyone bringing their washing machine out here. Bring a spare set of carbon brushes with you. What cost £5 from UKwhitegoods, costs $50 from a local Australian EBay spares appliance place. WTF?:no: It is enough to give you a nose bleed.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest guest37336
Just a word of warning to anyone bringing their washing machine out here. Bring a spare set of carbon brushes with you. What cost £5 from UKwhitegoods, costs $50 from a local Australian EBay spares appliance place. WTF?:no: It is enough to give you a nose bleed.

Once again Flea you seem to be advocating violence in one form or another,:biglaugh:.

I am giving you a pretend infraction, (have to be seen to be doing something,:unsure:) but only in my head because I agree with you on both 'counts'.:notworthy:

Guest guest37336
Infracted for self-flagellation?

I'd go for the latter Flea,:embarrassed:

Always seems far more 'fulfilling'.:no:

I am on the edge.

Made worse by the fact that my old man can buy a bottle of wine for £7 from Tescos that costs $30 from my local offie. Guess what - its an Australian wine.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Sorry - forgot the :biglaugh: emoticon.

I'd go for the latter Flea,:embarrassed:

Always seems far more 'fulfilling'.:no:

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest sh7t man no way

very good op mate--many people take there stuff to oz never thinking of spare parts if things go wrong with them--im of in a bit to buy some aussie wine from tescos--its on special offer at only 4 pounds a bottle:jiggy:lifes good

Now, I have had two occassions to buy spare parts for the washing machine - both times have ordered from the Uk. Brushes are one of the few bits you know you will need at some point - I just didn't think ahead.

Cheers!

very good op mate--many people take there stuff to oz never thinking of spare parts if things go wrong with them--im of in a bit to buy some aussie wine from tescos--its on special offer at only 4 pounds a bottle:jiggy:lifes good

Best Newcomer 2013-14.