You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

pswebb38

Last Christmas in the uk?

So who out there is hoping this will be their last Xmas in the uk?

Hands up from me!

VIC SS Lodged 19/10/2011 approved 13/12/2011 TRA Successful 04/07/2012 EOI submitted 05/07/2012 VIC SS Finalised 16/07/2012 Skillselect invitation received 14/08/2012 190 Visa application submitted 15/08/2012,medicals done 03/09/2012 457 VISA APPROVED 09/01/2013 190 Visa Granted 11/03/2013

Guest guest30085

Me! Me! Me!

*Waves hands in the air like a maniac* :biglaugh:

But unfortunately I have more hurdles before I can apply for a visa - nearly there! :frown::dull:

Guest Gothic Rose

I'm also hoping the same......Good Luck to the other hopefuls

Guest sh7t man no way

ive got me hand up for you--happy xmas

Guest sh7t man no way
Me! Me! Me!

*Waves hands in the air like a maniac* :biglaugh:

But unfortunately I have more hurdles before I can apply for a visa - nearly there! :frown::dull:

you will get there mate:wubclub:so will all the other members going through this stage in there lives:wubclub:lets be positive:yes:hand up for that

If everything comes together for the 457, then hands up from me too.

Guest guest30085
you will get there mate:wubclub:so will all the other members going through this stage in there lives:wubclub:lets be positive:yes:hand up for that

:wubclub: thankyou Al :hug:

Yep us definately, booking our flights tonight for July :)

I keep thinking bout things... when driving this morning up the M6.....all the fields were totally frosted up, properly wintry morning, won't be like this next year!!

It's a funny feeling!

Dale

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.243184,-0.944359

Jane (Main App-Podiatrist) & Dale (Contracts Manager) ¦ Flying to Melbourne 9th July 2012.....a new life :)

Guest sh7t man no way

:wubclub: thankyou Al :hug:
no worries mate your quite special to me on pio:wubclub:in a nice way:hug:im of for me tea now--not dinner as some members would have you believe:wink:

Yep us definately, booking our flights tonight for July :)

I keep thinking bout things... when driving this morning up the M6.....all the fields were totally frosted up, properly wintry morning, won't be like this next year!!

It's a funny feeling!

Dale

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.243184,-0.944359

I'm looking forward to booking our flights too! Who have you decided to go with?

VIC SS Lodged 19/10/2011 approved 13/12/2011 TRA Successful 04/07/2012 EOI submitted 05/07/2012 VIC SS Finalised 16/07/2012 Skillselect invitation received 14/08/2012 190 Visa application submitted 15/08/2012,medicals done 03/09/2012 457 VISA APPROVED 09/01/2013 190 Visa Granted 11/03/2013

yes- defo for us.....9 weeks on monday (Feb 6th ) our flights are booked for - our 457 visa came through in 5 days !!!!!

yes- defo for us.....9 weeks on monday (Feb 6th ) our flights are booked for - our 457 visa came through in 5 days !!!!!

Blimey, you must be really excited, I know I would be!

Your visa was ultra fast aswell!

Good luck everyone, hope this Christmas is an extra special one for you all.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Fly on 2nd March, to 12weeks and 6 days to go, not like I am counting!

For a very strange reason, I am really excited about christmas this year. Going to put my tree up today, written my cards, wrapped my presents, bought loads of christmas food. I think I am trying to speed up my life, and thats why I am being organsied.

Its blowing a gale here in Scotland today, and freezing!

Donna x

Donna 32, Terry 31 and Katie 5!:cool:, IELTS Academic Passed 12/03/11, ANMAC approved 27/06/11, WA SS 30/06/11, 176 visa lodged 30/06/11. CO 2/8/11, PCC UK 26/8, PCC cyprus 7/9, meds finalised 31/08/11, visa granted 10/10/11, flight booked 02/03/12.

I think I am trying to speed up my life, and thats why I am being organsied.

I can totally agree with u on this one, July seems like forever away at the minute!

Can't seem to get Christmassy this year, think its cause I want it to be next year already!

Jane (Main App-Podiatrist) & Dale (Contracts Manager) ¦ Flying to Melbourne 9th July 2012.....a new life :)

Us!!! Kinda sad and excited!!! Hoping we get a bit of snow before we leave on 20th Jan although it has to be gone by that date!!!!! :biggrin:

Paul (40), Lesa (41), Jason (12) and Jamie (10)

AQF III passed 18/03/2010 TRA sent 07/04/2010 TRA Approved 27/05/2010 WA SS lodged 20/12/10 WA SS rec 03/02/11 Visa lodged 05/02/11 CO assigned 07/03/11 VISA GRANTED 10/05/11 :biggrin:

It's the last uk Christmas for us oh already working in port hedland mines we get married June and fly 7/7!! So excited and scary as reality is starting to kick in xxx

Date of Visa application: 28/4, Trade: Electrician, Visa type: 176 SS WA, Medicals; 15/6 finalised 28/6, Pcc's: 17th June, CO-31/5 Date visa granted: 19th July :jiggy:

Hopefully our last Christmas here too!! Managed to wangle the day off, so that's a bonus:0) only thing is, in all my wisdom I have invited the whole family to mine for dinner arghhh!!!!!

Living our dream :biggrin:

Hands up from us as well. Mixed feelings... I love Christmas, Singing carols in our local church where its actully warmer outside; freezing in the queue to see Santa; Hoping it snows and then cursing when it does because I can't get the car out; not to mention the obligatory family gatherings....

Plan on arriving in Oz next November. For the last couple of weeks a constant thought in my head has been... 'this time next year....'

Roll on 2012.. let the adventure begin....

RGN (43) OH (47) 2 daughters (6 & 4):hug: AHPRA applied Sept. '11 & granted Jan. '12. Job offer June '12...e457 lodged 23 aug.'12..medical 28 aug.'12.. visa granted 6 Sept.'12!.. Arrived in Oz 4 Nov 2012.....!

Guest missfolan

Yep defo... Keep wondering where the hell I will be having me turkey dinner at Xmas next yr...

Such a surreal feeling... But kinda bitter sweet as my family are not coming so defo going to lap up the festivities this year... :(

We started our process in October 2008 and jumped through so many hoops and jumped over many hurdles dealing with so many changes to the immigration process and each year we said to ourselves... "this will be our last winter here and our last Christmas!" but it never actually happened as our application always seemed to get put to the back of the queue when new changes happened!

I can happily say now that this time... it definitely is our last winter and last Christmas here!

We have our visa and we now have one way tickets to WA booked and paid for for May 2012...

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

IjH5p1.png

Process started 11/10/08 - VISA GRANTED 29/07/11 ~ Hubby is a Plasterer and me, well I am just bored of waiting!!!

Hya, yeah kinda hoping this will be the last Crimbo here for us too if we can get everything sorted out at this end, so really hoping it snows on Christmas Day this year :yes: :laugh:

Fly on 2nd March, to 12weeks and 6 days to go, not like I am counting!

For a very strange reason, I am really excited about christmas this year. Going to put my tree up today, written my cards, wrapped my presents, bought loads of christmas food. I think I am trying to speed up my life, and thats why I am being organsied.

Its blowing a gale here in Scotland today, and freezing!

Donna x

ENJOY it! Sydney is having its coldest start to summer in 50 odd years and its wonderful !!!!! It's about 22 degrees but to us that's cold. Wish it would stay this way for Christmas. A lot of people hate a hot Christmas day. Of course, they are the ones (like me) who have had many festive seasons back in Scotland and now only snow can give us that 'chrissmasy' feeling. So, enjoy being freezing in December because next year you'll not know what's hit you !!!........By the way January here is bliss, no dark nights, no depressing long days....gorgeous beaches.....I suppose we can't have it all but .......

Guest lol1984

Yes, I've been here about 8 weeks now and not feeling Christmassy at all! Doesn't help that our decorations and tree is in a shipping container and won't arrive until after Christmas. I had to really forec myself to go to K-mart and Target and pick up some decorations, and will get a pine-tree-ish shrub in a week or so. Doesn't feel the same in 30+ degrees though! I have lived in Australia before for a few years and had a stinking hot 40 degree Christmas Day. Not nice, especially when you don't have a pool! I'd love to be able to go back to the UK every Christmas but that's not going to be possible. So we'll have a Christmas in July too when it will feel colder.