State schools . Caloundra or currimundi area?

judyq

Hi to all, would like to pick your brains as hours on the internet is not getting me far !!

We have a five and an eight year old and will be moving to the Caloundra area next year.

Not too stuck to an area so just wondering about the primary schools. I have seen Currimundi and Caloundra, both looked lovely. Are there any other I have missed?

Would really like to know how the catchment area's work and if there is something that could tell me that?

Also did you register your children before you arrived or wait till you got there?

Thanks for any info

Judy

Hi Judy

We are moving over to the Currimundi/Little Mountain area in January. Our kids are a bit older than yours (12 &10) but we have been looking at Meridan State College which I think starts at prep and goes through to Year 12.

My husband visited in March this year and had a look at the school. He was quite impressed. They have three schools on one campus (Junior, Middle and Senior). Its a very new school.

My sister-in-law lives in Currimundi and says that, besides Meridan, she has heard that Talara Primary school is excellent and I think Currimundi is in catchment for that.

I have phoned Meridan and they were really pleasant and helpful. To enrol they need birth certificates, proof of residency and an assurance that we are residing with relatives but will eventually live in the catchment area (this is done by affadavit certfied by JPs when you get over here - no problem as you can just go into post office/library and they are signed for free).

We also have to have an interview with the headmistress.

We are also going to have a look at Mountain Creek State High School which I believe has a primary school attached with a good reputation.

Hope that helps and good luck

Jo

Thanks so much for that sunshinejo, will do some research, we will be in holiday accommodation initially so not sure how we would prove anything but i guess at least we will be flexible!

Roger2shirts!! Hi, we will definately be looking at Buderim too, have heard so many good things about it! Thank you.