register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Gothic Rose

Scotland Yard fights to keep Jack the Ripper files secret

Guest Gothic Rose

This is one of the most famous murder cases of all time. There have been Endless theories, Books, Documentries, Films & Dramas made concerning the Jack the Ripper murders & currently Scotland yard are trying not to publish their "secret files" The case is 123 years old should it be discussed openly now as part of criminal history or aught the files remain secret ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8514000/Scotland-Yard-fights-to-keep-Jack-the-Ripper-files-secret.html

If they are reluctant to release the files it can only mean the suspects/evidence will be controversial? I don't buy the line of thought of tracing the informant's relatives to the present day.... I think a lot of people would be curious to know more about this case!

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

It makes you think they have something to hide if they won't release them, maybe they have known who he is all along.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest VickyMel

If the files are 123 years old - even if the police then had something to hide there is no-one alive to sack/blame.

I say when files such as these come of age they should be made available for viewing.

Guest guest37336

As others have said Rose this can only mean one thing I imagine, that the 'truth' is far more bizarre and controversial than the hundreds of rumours presently doing the rounds.:idea:

When you consider the rumours involve the Royal Family, Jews, A German Spy, Professors and Doctors, the police even some 'prostitutes' of the time then the truth MUST be more bizarre indeed.:shocked:

I have watched I imagine every doco, series and read every book about 'Jack' :embarrassed: and still to this day have no idea who did it.:goofy:

It would be nice to no, but there again some of the 'mystery' may go as well.

Cheers Tony.

Guest sh7t man no way

some royal did it:wideeyed:im led to believe--president kennedy wuz killed by the CIA--same as luther king:no:and saving the lemming is realy m2m sister:swoon:and between ye,and me fred--ropey hoff is really aldo in a former life:jiggy:aye its a stange world we live in --for sure:yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest Gothic Rose

I think they should open the files...However contraversial the files after this long it's a part of history.

site4.jpg

Mitre Square the scene of the murder of Catherine Eddows....That Red Building is one of my old schools. It's the only one of the murder scenes that retained it's original name. It's in Aldgate, City of London

Guest guest37336

Always wanted to do the ripper 'tour' Rose. Even though I lived and worked for many years around the area never did it.:no:

Fortunately Ruth now knows a cabbie who in his spare time does these tours, we are waiting for the real dark/foggy evenings to come in before we do it though, should be good.:idea:

Guest guest37336

If this was today in all likelihood with profiling, DNA and the such like he/she 'may' have been caught years ago.

It amazing that cases to this day that are thirty or forty years old can NOW be looked into and the culprit(s) caught because of huge advancements in police procedure.

I have a feeling that 'if' certain garments/evidence (though well over 100 years old) were made available for 'independent' analysis we would soon enough know the truth.:cool:

Like the census after 100 years they should become public property.

There is another one coming to the boil, the evidence that convicted Dr Crippen has been found to be defective and could possibly have been planted. Human body parts they claimed to have found in his cellar have been genetically tested and found to be from a man and not his wife. Evidence that his wife had actually gone to USA was ignored at the time. A request has been made for a Royal Pardon but this is likely to take several years.

Nigel's Travel Blog

General Blog

I live in Australia for family reasons. My family is in UK.