Any Automotive Electricians out there?

zxrninja250

Hi All

I am an Automotive electrian looking at doing my skills assessment anzo code: 321111.

I dont have any direct qualifications but have 5 years exsperiance. I am gathering evidance for this but im not sure if I put to much stuff in it will go against me any idea?

Any advice on good evidance to get?

Many thanks

Mark

Guest DorisAitch

Hi Mark, my Husband is an Auto Electrician also, he has 20 years experience but no qualifications to speak of. You are obviously a step ahead of us, can you tell me how you went about getting a cert to prove your skill? We are at the beginning of our journey and are trying to do everything we can to make our move easier and more certain. Where are you getting the assessment done and how much was it?

Guest acrylictiger

I'm an ex Brit working as an auto electrician in Australia in the mines.. Tra deal with stuff on shore here and pls be aware that auto sparkys do lots of aircon stuff here so it may be a good idea to get some aircon skills in the uk and then get registered here as employers will be looking for that aircon ticket as well.. Been an auto sparky for 27 years myself and it's pretty good pay in mining if you know about earthmoving gear especially CAT and hitachi. Regards chris

Guest DorisAitch

Hi Chris, did you go out with a sponsor or did you go as an independant? Did you have any qualifications when you went (not that we know of any in UK) or did you do the skills assessment and if so can you give us an idea of what you did?

My Husband can do air con but like everything in Auto Lecs, there are no pieces of paper that can quantify his skill set!

Doris.

Guest acrylictiger

I came here on a 457 temp visa first and then proved to my employers that I was dam good at the job.. Didn't do a skills assessment as wasn't required as I was sponsored. Then I approached my employers about a 857 visa and they agreed to sponsor me and I used their migration lawyers to do my application so didn't do a skills assessment for that one but did have to prove with tax returns and stat declarations from previous employers that I'd been doing the same job for the last 5 years.. Don't know much about the immigration stuff as I just supplied them with what they needed. Did a small tafe course to get my oz aircon ticket and think that cost me $350.. Granted I took the risk on a 457 in jan this year but it's only dec and I'm already a permanent resident so it can be done in 11 months and I'm proof of that.. Chris

Guest acrylictiger

Never had a visitor visa.. Came here on a sponsored 457 after a phone interview so basically I landed here and started work 2weeks later

Guest 5am8011
Never had a visitor visa.. Came here on a sponsored 457 after a phone interview so basically I landed here and started work 2weeks later

HEY so do you not act need nvq or city and guilds to apply for the visa??? This is getting reali confusing lol any info would be great thanks

Guest acrylictiger

i had 27 years employed experience and a proven track record.. i was sponsored by a big mining company and left thier immigration do my 457 application and then my 857 application. sure it was expensive but i didnt have the time to do the paperwork etc as i work away 2 weeks at a time. i just provided any information my agent requested and they sorted everything out so cant comment on what quals are required. sorry if this doesnt help much.

Guest 5am8011

get in touch with the imi they can sort you out with an nvq i was reading threw my basic electrics book i got in my first year and it was explaining electrons protons and neutrons measuring resistance current and voltage, ohms law and stuff like that very straight forward but technical sounding stuff reali lol:wacko: