Anyone flew Quantas to Singapore & Brisbane?

millers

Hi there

My husbands company have just booked our flights and we are flying Quantas to Singapore and then on to Brisbane in Feb next yr. Does anyone know the baggage allowance for 1 way tickets ? and any info on Quantas ( are they ok compared to Emirates and Singapore airlines )?:wub:

Guest scottiesuz

We fly Quantas to Brisbane via Singapore on 28th Dec! (So much to do so little time!!) and it is a code share with BA. The allowance is 23kgs and 7kgs hand luggage. :eek:

Susan.

Qantas are ok. We've flown with them a fair few times now. If its a codeshare I'd think the BA leg would be from LHR to Singapore and then Qantas on to Brisbane. You'll see on your booking form or tickets as the airlines have different codes.

Luggage is as above iirc.

5kg 10kg 15kg 25kg 35kg

Australian Domestic

(For tickets issued before 1 Dec 2010) $35 $70 $105 $175 $245

Australian Domestic

(For tickets issued on/after 1 Dec 2010) $20 per piece up to 23kg per piece

International (New Zealand/Papua New Guinea) $35 $70 $105 $175 $245

International mid-haul (Asia & Noumea) $122.50 $245 $367.50 $612.50 $857.50

International long-haul other than Americas^

(Europe and South Africa) $175 $350 $525 $875 $1,225

International long-haul - The Americas^ $105 per piece up to 23kg per piece

So for an extra bag from the uk it's $875 bit pricey!

23kgs isn't much for a one way trip. Is it easy enough to pay for extra bags?

If flying out on an unvalidated permanent visa (temp visas do not qualify) you can get up to 40kg allowance. But not with many airlines. There are plenty of threads about this around the forum :) Otherwise ship it over air freight or look into an airline that offers cheaper extra baggage. BA is one iirc but then you have to fly the entire flight with them, so a codeshare won't work. I am not sure BA fly into anywhere in Aus now other than Sydney, perhaps not even there.

TBH depending on the time of year you fly and if you ship a bit out when you leave via air freight, I'd reckon you'd be fine with 23kg for a few weeks. I always overpack whenever we go anywhere and never end up using half of it, even on extended trips of a month or more (and we go out a lot, weddings, dinner, socials and stuff plus hubby works). Being ruthless I know I could manage with 23kg of clothes for a month. And also buying stuff once there if you need it is fine.

I've taken 20kg or so to a number of countries when I've moved to them. What I could fit in my backpack/case and that was it pretty much for clothes. Always managed. Had to do a bit of shopping for some winter boots once and then invest in a few pairs of thongs (flip flops) our last trip back to Aus and a few extra summer tees and vests.