Our plans may have to change - gutted is an understatement

kellyjamie

hi all, so as always the first port of call when we have oz probs is here with you guys, so heres our next new prob.

Been feeling low about it all, but knew id be fine once there, anyhow weve had a chat and a decision has been made. Its out of hands basically, we cannot sell our house weve dropped to nearly 20k under asking price not one viewer in 9 months, had it up for rent for 6 mths and been pissed around 3 times, we now have nothing!! some companies coming friday about buying it but will no doubt want to shaft us with some ridiculous low price we cant afford to take. so the upshot is this jamie has till wed to tell work if hes staying or taking his yr career break, we have to phone the shippers to find out where the furniture is incase we need to get it back, and luckily my boss said my jobs safe no matter what, so its looking very likely that our one way ticket in jan will now have to be a return validation trip. we are absolutely gutted, but trying to stay positive that we even have a visa

:cry: thanks all K x

Dont give up hope on the house front, 2 weeks ago the sale fell through on one of our properties after the woman had messed around for 4 months. She said it was all to stressful and didnt want to buy the house after all. I could have killed her because this time of the year who wants to buy a house. Well today I have 2 people fighting for it and selling it for full asking price, so the silly cow has done me a favour. Dont give up somethings work themselves out in the end.

Guest guest37336

Hi Kelly.

xxxx, xxxx, and xxxx again. What a barsteward of a situation.

So sorry matey. I dare say you have looked at EVERY conceivable angle matey, no good saying 'chin up', but all the same,:no::hug:.

I'm sure it will work out though, xxxxxxx migration is up there with the worst blooming things we try and do at times.:realmad:

Cheers Tony.:no:

Hiya Kelly,

My friend who is also emmigrating was having trouble selling, and came across a company who will rent your house for 5 years I think, clauses are you cannot have the house back, say if you come home early. They find the tenents, and all really in their hands. I am sorry I have no more info, she is from Lothian too, so reckon it may not be too hard to hunt them down.

Another idea when things are not looking so fab,

Donna x

Dont give up hope on the house front, 2 weeks ago the sale fell through on one of our properties after the woman had messed around for 4 months. She said it was all to stressful and didnt want to buy the house after all. I could have killed her because this time of the year who wants to buy a house. Well today I have 2 people fighting for it and selling it for full asking price, so the silly cow has done me a favour. Dont give up somethings work themselves out in the end.

Sorry, found this very funny!

Guest guest30085

Ah, if it doesnt rain it pours. Have a :hug:

Hopefully things will look up for you on the house front soon. Could you try renting out again? Use another agent etc? Not ideal but maybe could mean you could just keep the one way tickets?