and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest ComingDownUnder

Documents required to apply for a 457 visa

Guest ComingDownUnder

Hi all,

Was looking for some help if you don't mind?

Could anyone tell me what documentation will be required by our MA to apply for a 457 visa - my husband has just been offered a job in Melbourne. I know the MA will tell us but I was just looking to get as organised as possible and get everything in order ready for when we hear from them. The main applicant is my husband and myself and our two children, aged 2 1/2 and 6 months respectively, will be going too.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help you can offer.

Hello :smile:

Im in the process of applying for a 457 visa and the checklist provided by the company who are sponsoring me asks for certified copies of passport, birth certificate, any marriage/divorce certificates, police clearance certificate, copy of any previous visa you have had for visits to oz, qualifications, CV, written work references from current/previous employers, copy of contract of employment. For spouse/dependents they are mostly looking for proof of identity i.e passport, birth certificate. Hope this helps, good luck :smile:

Guest ComingDownUnder

Thank you so much for the information, that is a great help. How are you getting along with your application?

You may not need police clearance, so I wouldn't bother spending money on those until the MA asks for them.

basically will need ID documents (birth certs, passports, marriage cert etc), qualifications documents, work documents. What you'd expect really. but don't take the info on immi.gov.au to heart, most people only actually need a fraction of what's described there, so trust the MA.

Also I provided electronic copies of documents, so they don't need to be certified, since you've scanned the original.

Guest ComingDownUnder

That is interesting to know, thank you.

Thank you so much for the information, that is a great help. How are you getting along with your application?

Happy to help :smile: Im getting on not bad with mine thanks. Im being sponsored as a nurse so i need to be registered with their nursing board (AHPRA) before i can apply for my visa. AHPRA have taken 15 weeks to even look at my application so thats held me back a good bit. Once im registered i can apply for my visa as everything else is in place. My employer nomination was approved a few days ago. It all gets a bit stressful at times trying to get all the required documents together but hopefully it will be worth it. I think i'll be having a no more visa party rather than a leaving party! :laugh:

Guest ComingDownUnder

Ah sounds like te rest of the process will run smoothly as you're so organised. Keep us posted!