Has anyone booked flights through IOM UK?

Lucysdream

Hi all,

I have been in contact with IOM UK (International Organisation for Migration), they can do flights for us cheaper then we found online from our more local airport of Birmingham rather then going down to Heathrow. The flights will be with Emirates and we will get the double baggage allowance of 40kg each. I just wanted to check they were ok, and if anyone has booked flights through them before?

Thanks all,

Lucy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have just sent my application forms off to IOM in Oz, didn't realise there was one in the UK. The price they quoted us to leave from Newcastle was cheaper than any online search i did. Just waiting for a reply, will check out the UK IOM.

Contacted them today.

IOM can book flights for about EUR550-600 one way to Australia with a baggage allowance of 40kg per adult/child over 2 years. If you would like us to look into availability, please complete the attached form and send it to us with a copy of your visa grant letter. Please let us know when in January you would like to travel and how flexible you are.

When travelling on a 457 visa do you get a grant letter?

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if stopovers are permitted? - I have sent an e-mail but haven't heard back from IOM, presumably because of holidays.

Hi Sioban

Not with IOM i'm afraid, but we were offered our flights with 10 hrs between conncection.

As per above you can't as a concession flight. Sometimes IOM is not cheaper then what you can get off the net. They quoted us more from Heathrow then we could get elsewhere, but their Birmingham flights were cheaper which is our local so we went with that. We were not bothered with stopping over thought as we just want to get there. Just depends on your departure airport and when you want to fly I guess, always worth getting a quote to compare.

I'd say it's always worth a try - if you don't ask, you don't get. He who dares wins etc etc :wink:

There will be 6 of us travelling - so like you am trying out many combinations of flights/stopovers/carriers - one consistent thing is the "HOW much tax/surcharges?!?"

Scarlet Mia - No idea I just took the price they quoted as cheaper anyhow then net for our preferred departure airport, doesn't hurt to try. Our flights did go up by ten pounds each from day of quote to day of booking due to the exchange rate. They said Tickets are priced in USD & due to the fluctuation of the currency exchange, ticket price has gone up a bit.

Hi Sioban

Not with IOM i'm afraid, but we were offered our flights with 10 hrs between conncection.

Hi Sioban i am leaving from Newcastle, just done a comparison search with net flights and they were £170 more expensive for the day we wanted to leave, with only 1 stop. IOM use Emirates.

Lorraine

• 7 months later...
Guest Chantel

Hi all, never heard of IOM before, just googled them and got a bit lost on their website, how does it work roughly please and where is the application form etc...? :wubclub: Thank you!

hi there,

we booked our flight for mid of sept 2012 through IOM Italy and they contacted IOM main office in Geneve (Switzerland).

We paid 660 euro for one way flight from Rome to Perth with Qatar airlines (35 kg baggage allowance and 11 USD for extra kg).

The price on the Qatar website was lower (approx 608 euro), but only 23 kg allowed.

We will have a Doha stopover of 6,5 hours, enough time to visit the wonderfull museum of Arab Culture in Doha.

They only asked for our visa grant letter, we paid with a bank transfer.