visa in passport????

koala09

Hi all

We have our 176 visa's and its electronic visa, was just wondering if we should send them away to get the visa's put into our passports or does it really not matter????

We are flying to Adelaide on 10th jan so need to send them asap if we need too.

Has anyone else not had them put in their passports, and had any problems??

Any answers very much appreciated thanks x

Guest Crosby Family
Hi all

We have our 176 visa's and its electronic visa, was just wondering if we should send them away to get the visa's put into our passports or does it really not matter????

We are flying to Adelaide on 10th jan so need to send them asap if we need too.

Has anyone else not had them put in their passports, and had any problems??

Any answers very much appreciated thanks x

If your going to get a aus drivers licence then get the stamp in your passport, we had a nightmare of a time getting our drivers licence as we did not have. we are in WA so not sure if its the same in Adelaide...

Muriel

If your going to get a aus drivers licence then get the stamp in your passport, we had a nightmare of a time getting our drivers licence as we did not have. we are in WA so not sure if its the same in Adelaide...

Muriel

Thanks for letting me know. Yes we are on a permanent visa so will need aus driving license.

Any ideas who we send our passports to?

Hi thanks for all replies,

I have just called Australia house and they have said there is no need to have a label put in passport as its all electronic. They checked my details against passport number and all fine.

Guess i was worrying bout nothing :laugh:

Prob be another thing to worry about by next week lol..... only 39 days and counting

Hi thanks for all replies,

I have just called Australia house and they have said there is no need to have a label put in passport as its all electronic. They checked my details against passport number and all fine.

Guess i was worrying bout nothing :laugh:

Prob be another thing to worry about by next week lol..... only 39 days and counting

Hi, You don't need the stamp to travel but as the other post said above when you come to get aus driving licence or any other offical documents its easier if the stamp is in your passport as proof of your permanent residency status, otherwise you will have to keep producing your visa documents as well. i have sent mine to be done, other than a self addressed envelope its free.....:biggrin:

Hi, You don't need the stamp to travel but as the other post said above when you come to get aus driving licence or any other offical documents its easier if the stamp is in your passport as proof of your permanent residency status, otherwise you will have to keep producing your visa documents as well. i have sent mine to be done, other than a self addressed envelope its free.....:biggrin:

Yes true, might get that done today just to be sure :wink:

Thanks again

Hi again, just a quick update, we posted our passports on friday, registered post and recieved them back this morning. Very quick turnaround if you are worried about them taking to long. Sent to Australia house, migration dept, Strand, London WC2B 4LA. Hope this is of some help.:biggrin:

Guest ACTbound

Hi Koala,

Definately worth getting the visa stamped on your passport. I did mine in London yesterday. Just walked in to the consular section at Australia House and the visa sticker was evidenced on my passport within 5 minutes. If you live outside London then their turn around time is 3-5 days as indicated by the earlier post. Use the silver pouch envelope.

Guest GoldCoastMag

we had no problem in queensland, oh got his medicare easier than me the returning citizen.

changing to an oz licence was no problem either, we asked for it but was told the sticker was no longer being given in the USA

We did the same, walked into Australia House and walked out within half an hour with a stamp, it made us feel happy to have something to look at! Also if you are flying with an airline that will give you extra baggage, you will need a visa sticker so that they can see it hasn't been travelled on yet.

also by all accounts it does make things easier in oz, opening bank accounts, driving licence etc.

if you can face a trip to london, or brave the post, I would get it to make your life even easier! x

Guest VickyMel

We travelled here without stickers in the passports - walked into DIAC offices in Melbourne and got them stuck in in 10 mins.

Actually caused us a problem with the drivers licence actually having them in the passport - but got that sorted!