Sign in to follow this  
Jars

State Sponsorship - visit the state first?

Hi, a question with regards to SS... do you stand a better chance to be successful if you have physically been to the particular state you are applying to..?? When we first looked into SS only ACT and Tasmania had my occupation in demand. So I went over a few months ago to have a look round etc and we decided then on ACT. BUT now WA is also showing my occupation as in demand. We haven't lodged yet (still waiting for VETASSESS) but would much rather go to WA than ACT or Tas. So my question really is would it benefit us in terms of getting a successful SS application if we can prove we have been there before..?? Or is it not necessary?

Many thanks!

VETASSESS lodged 14/11/11 received 22/03/12 | IELTS 16/11/11 Overall 8.5 | WA SS lodged 03/04/12 received 27/04/12 | 176 lodged 01/05/12 CO 29/05 Meds 01/06 PCC 14/06 Visa granted 15/06/12

Doesn't make any difference in my opinion, it's your skill they want not your knowledge of the state.

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

No difference at all but you have been to Oz which is a good thing, if you do apply for a state you havent visited before do some research such as house costs, food etc and you will have to put your reasons why you want to move there when you apply for state sponsorship and remain there for two years but the reality is you should really be wanting to stay in that state and make a good go of it.