State Sponsorship - visit the state first?

Jars

Hi, a question with regards to SS... do you stand a better chance to be successful if you have physically been to the particular state you are applying to..?? When we first looked into SS only ACT and Tasmania had my occupation in demand. So I went over a few months ago to have a look round etc and we decided then on ACT. BUT now WA is also showing my occupation as in demand. We haven't lodged yet (still waiting for VETASSESS) but would much rather go to WA than ACT or Tas. So my question really is would it benefit us in terms of getting a successful SS application if we can prove we have been there before..?? Or is it not necessary?

Many thanks!

No difference at all but you have been to Oz which is a good thing, if you do apply for a state you havent visited before do some research such as house costs, food etc and you will have to put your reasons why you want to move there when you apply for state sponsorship and remain there for two years but the reality is you should really be wanting to stay in that state and make a good go of it.