Hi All,

My company has secured overseas preferred supplier status with 2 major mining companies. We now have open roles in Queensland, Central NSW and WA. We need a Senior Mining Engineers (7+ years / Underground), Mining Engineers (upto 5 years / Open Cut) and a Senior Geotechnical Engineer (7+ Years / Metalliferous environment). Anyone interested, please drop me a line.

Many thanks. Adam

Guest flaco06man

Hello Adam,

I am new to this forum because I have been searching high and low for a strait answer. I am a U.S. citizen living in the states. I have heard and read about the labor shortages in the Australian mining industry. To make a long story short I have been in heavy equipment operating, training and management for over 25 years. I learn fast and have been told i am good with people. I am looking for a respected career if you have any suggestions.

Best Regards

Guest flaco06man

Hello Adam,

I tried sending my C.V. to you but it would not go though for some reason. I am a U.S. citizen hoping to find a career with a respected busy mining company. I have been a senior equipment operator,trainer for over 20 years. I am willing to travel. Thank you Adam and let me know:smile:

Guest Guest31881
Hello Adam,

I tried sending my C.V. to you but it would not go though for some reason. I am a U.S. citizen hoping to find a career with a respected busy mining company. I have been a senior equipment operator,trainer for over 20 years. I am willing to travel. Thank you Adam and let me know:smile:

There are two reasons why you may not be able to send a PM to a members, Either you are not set up to send and reverie a PM or the recipient cannot receive due to PM box being full or turned off PM settings.

Check you settings in your control panel and ensure you have set it to send and receive PM messages.

Left hand side of page towards the top you will see "User CP" click on that to check your settings.

Hi All,

My company has secured overseas preferred supplier status with 2 major mining companies. We now have open roles in Queensland, Central NSW and WA. We need a Senior Mining Engineers (7+ years / Underground), Mining Engineers (upto 5 years / Open Cut) and a Senior Geotechnical Engineer (7+ Years / Metalliferous environment). Anyone interested, please drop me a line.

Many thanks. Adam

Hi Adam, I am a permanent resident from the UK and have been living here with my family for over a year now. I have 27yrs commercial construction experience having ran my own solid plastering and property development companies in the UK and for the last 12yrs in the UK became a senior site manager for a top tier construction company and for the last 2yrs worked my way up to a Project manager. Since arriving in Brisbane my skills and knowledge have been somewhat over looked, so I have been doing labour agency work, I have worked on the Airport link Project and was placed in a supervisors role on night shift in the Kedron north tunnel until it was completed, I am now working on the Brisbane City Hall re-furbishment project as an operations supervisor fixing fire resistant board (again through a labour agency) which finishes very soon. So I am doing a diploma in project management and OH&S which will complete early March 2012, to help me open some doors. I have been trying to get on the mines since I arrived as I would like very much to take my career down a new and different path putting my knowledge and experience to good use and to challenge myself in a new environment, but have had no luck and have been told that there is no chance unless you know somebody high up. I am an extremely fit 45yrs of age and consider myself a go getter! Please Email me back with some sound advice and the way to go, I don’t mind investing some of my hard earned money in myself as long as it leads to a positive result.

Here’s awaiting your reply

Many Thanks

Mike Brown

Guest Guest31881

Please DO NOT put your email address on the forum, this is to protect both you and the forum. Please use the PM system or email system provided by the site.

To use these click on the posters name at the left of the post, a drop down menu appears and you can send PM or email from there.

Email address's will be removed from posts.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

my name is Martin and I am looking for a job in the mining industry. I am 42 years old and of Irish nationality, and I currently live in Norway.

My work background is in construction and I am therefore unskilled in the mining industry. I am willing to do any unskilled job that you can offer and I would also be interested in on-site training.

I would appreciate that you contact me if you have any vacancies.

Kind regards,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ben0811

Hi Adam, I'm a lifting operations appointed person in uk NVQ level 6 standard, with 15 yrs exp working with cranes and structural steel work. I am at present working on the new heathrow airport terminal doing lifting plans, method statements and risk assessments etc for crane operations for the main contractor. Any info you could give me on gaining employment in this field, mining or otherwise would be a great help. not even sure what the job title of this sort of role would be down under.

cheers

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Adam

Im new to this forum, but I am in the UK and am moving in july with a migrant visa. I am 22 and a qualified plumber, however Im trying to do anything to get a job in the mining industry, do you, or anybody for that matter have any advice you can offer. It would be hugely appreciate it,

Josh

Guest fayevans

Hi Adam,

We have run our own construction company in the UK for the last 20 years, my husband is qualified to drive all machinery (below and above 20 ton), has a wealth of experience in ground works, building, electro fusion welding, coffer damns, raft foundations, all aspects of drainage etc. Could you please give me more details? thanks, Kind regards Fay :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam,

I'm currently working as a mechanical fitter in a UK coal mine, I have completed a fully indentured apprenticeship and have a total of 12 years experience. my current job is mainly heading based (maintenance & breakdown cover incl. hydraulics and mechanical faults on joy bolter miners/shuttle cars etc) but I have also been heavily involved in installation of longwall equipment. I am trained up to HNC level engineering, I am also fully face and heading trained. do you have any opportunities?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest n4bdyx

Hi Adam,

I am a full Australian licensed electrician currently based on the gold coast, QLD.

I am on a 457 sponsorship and would require sponsorship to move to another company, I have experience in the leisure, commercial and construction sectors & I am happy to complete any further training required.

Are there any opportunities within your company?

Thanks

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharry nic

Hi Adam

I am a Uk qualified plumber with 25 years experience in the trade. Having recently returned from Iraq, where I worked on a remote camp with the US military, I am keen to start a life in Australia.

I can send you my cv if required.

Kind regards

Graeme Nicholson

Guest Sydownton

Hello, this is my first effort on here.

I am looking to move to OZ, i am in the British army and day to day do explosive disposal of old and un-needed ammunition. I know that the mining industry uses explosives in their processes and was wondering if there were jobs that would use my knowledge and skills. ideally looking for sponsorship to get over, but also have some extended family so may go via that route for the visa too. i had a look on quite a few mining companies website but wasnt sure if they would employ someone that did my job as they were mainly looking for people that had mining experience. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

simon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest divewench

Hi I was a self-employed carpenter running my own Loft conversion company with 40+ employees for 15 plus years. I currently live in Bali, as a Scuba Diver Instructor Trainer, a shareholder in a diving company, been here for 4 years, but looking to get into the mining industry in Australia. (pref WA)

I have a resume ready which can be emailed to you at request. I am happy to do anything available, please drop me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...