Vetassess - Letter of advice for points test

Taylors4

Hi wondering if anyone can help. Submitted paper assessment, which have received a level 1 for, does anyone know if you paid the extra $250 for the Letter of advice for points test, when you get this? Just worried as we need the points for 8 years overseas employment in the nominated trade, but on the assessment letter they state over 5 years, so really need the points test letter to verify we are going to get the points for 8 years plus.

Does anyone know, as when I've rang them they have said they don't give this letter until the practical test has been undertaken, but my point is I feel this is stupid as doing an 1 day practical test isn't going to prove years in service, only the paper based assessment is going to prove this point. Incidentally the lady I spoke to was asian and I wasn't convinced she knew what I was talking about or even understood me!! She took 10 mins trying to find someone and then said they would e-mail me back to give me an answer, but not recived anything yet.

Any input would be great if anyone has come across this. Thanks

Hi Taylors4, my other half is a bricklayer and just done his practical test on the 26th Nov. We are now waiting for the outcome letter. We didn't apply/pay for a points test advice letter as we are maiking up our points by doing a IELTS test. The points advice letter is not certain on gaining points anyway as vetassess only advice on points but the decision on awarding points is down to Immigration. I do know that if you've paid for a points test letter you will recieve it with your outcome letter once u have completed your practical assessment. As you need to include both these letters with you visa app. Hope this helps let me know if u need to know more. My other half is also taking his IELTS on 3rd dec. Second time tho failed 1st one by 0.5 points.....

Hi Tann, thanks for the reply - wish my OH would have done the skills assessment on 26th too, but by the time we had found out the date and location, they had closed it. Got to wait until Feb now, which is a pain. Think we may have wasted our $250!! There doesn't seem much point in getting an advisory letter really - we were advised by our agent to pay it and he is saying they should send it to you with the paper stage approval, but maybe not.

How did your OH go with the practical, was it ok? Take it he's aiming for an 8 in IELTS. Hopefully if we can get the points for 8 years worth of overseas employment (which there is no reason why we shouldn't), we just need to get a 7. Good luck to your OH for Saturday, first time for my OH, he's been preparing all week, here's hoping ...........

I don't know with the points advice letter , maybe it will help. Im doing everything myself without an agent. Always better to be safe, wouldn't think of it as money wasted. The practical assesment was easy the OH said. He said the assesor was really nice ,he didn't even end up checking his work, as he reckoned he could see it was spot on. I think if your good at ur trade u got nothing to worry about. All he brickies was out of there by about 1pm, only took them that long to do it. My OH started as a Bricklayer around 1999 and he went straight into work in 2000 so we just got a refernece and wage slips from back then up untill now (although we had some gaps that's why we only got a level2) and that is your proof for the years worked i guess.So when it comes to giving you points thats what they go by. I hope. lol

OH needs all 7's in IELTS. We are 5 points short for the visa.So need all 7's to get the 10 points.

Good luck to your OH aswell. let me know how you get on.

I'll let you know about the outcome of our skills assessment.

Tanja

Hi Tanja, thanks for response, the pratical sounds ok then, out by 1pm - that's great my OH will be pleased to know that! Strangest thing happend, I e-mailed Vetassess to verify when we get this letter and they say they are now processing a refund of the $250, as the 'qualification points test fee' is included in the assessment, which it is when you look, but you pay the $250 for the 'letter of advice on qualifications for migration points test', so think I'm just going to let them give me a refund, as they can't argue with an apprenticeship and City and Guilds Advanced Craft, so if you are sure of your qualifications, I'd say you don't need this letter.

Will forward it to my agent though and ask his opinion, as he felt that you do anything to make the CO's life easier, as then hopefully if you have no holes or anything for them to query then the process will go easier, hopefully

No one said this was going to be an easy process!! Good luck for Saturday, will let you know how we get on .....

That's good at least your getting your money back. Just wanted to let you know that my OH has passed his skills assessment. Now we're just waiting for the IELTS results.Hope the IELTS went good for your OH. Tan

That was quick, hopefully the IELTS will come through for you now, then you're well on your way. Where are you heading for and are you going SS? We are hoping for Perth SS, if we can get it all done in time. My OH wasn't sure about the IETLS, 1st time so didn't know what to expect with the time constraints of it all - really hasn't a clue how he went, although he did answer every question, he thought he may not have written enough on the essay and the letter - fingers crossed. But can see us booking another test come January! How did your OH find it?

He thought he did ok on Ielts, but he thought that the first time around lol...Men. We're heading to Brisbane, my OH has family out there. SS? You might be able to help me with something, i have been looking at the Visa app. booklet, and it's been saying about having to proove employment with references, wage slips and so on. It also says that you need to have a skills assessment. sO IM REALLY CONFUSED , don't know if i have to send all these papers of again, or if they mean you need all that for your skills assessment? I know you're not doing it yourself, but did your agent mention wether you have to send all the papers that has been given to Vetassess,also to Immi? Really stuck on this one im thinking just to send it off if i can't get the answers. Will cost quite a lot in getting everything certified again. Let me know if you know aything. Thanks Tanja

• 3 months later...
Guest martinm
He thought he did ok on Ielts, but he thought that the first time around lol...Men. We're heading to Brisbane, my OH has family out there. SS? You might be able to help me with something, i have been looking at the Visa app. booklet, and it's been saying about having to proove employment with references, wage slips and so on. It also says that you need to have a skills assessment. sO IM REALLY CONFUSED , don't know if i have to send all these papers of again, or if they mean you need all that for your skills assessment? I know you're not doing it yourself, but did your agent mention wether you have to send all the papers that has been given to Vetassess,also to Immi? Really stuck on this one im thinking just to send it off if i can't get the answers. Will cost quite a lot in getting everything certified again. Let me know if you know aything. Thanks Tanja

HI were do i do this test in ireland please?

• 5 years later...