I have applied for 175visa, can i also apply for the 457 visa at the same time??

Guest doyles24

Guest doyles24

Hi,

I have been living in Oz for the last 20 months. I applied for the offshore 175visa 6 months ago as a chartered accountant.

My visa runs out mid March 2012 and I know with 175 visa I don’t go on a bridging visa.

I have 2 questions;

1) Currently the job I am in now want me to go permanent, If I send the permanent contract offer into immigration along with receipt of my application do you know if they will let me go onto a bridging A visa until my 175 visa gets assigned a case officer

2) My company want to sponsor me, am I aloud go onto a 457 visa while waiting the result of my 175visa

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter???

Thank you

Guest Beth101

Hi - Don't know about the bridging visa, however you can apply for a 457 whilst waiting for a 175 to be processed. We moved on a 457, 10 months after submitting a 175 application. There is a question on the 457 application that asks for details of any other visas you have applied for.