You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Goochie

Where do most of the Brits live in Perth?

As simple as the title says, where do most of the Brits live in Perth?

Unlike some on here, we'd like to move to the other side of the world and NOT find we're living in a bigger hotter version of the UK!

I know some suburbs have a much higher concentration of Brits than others, so where do most of us live when we get there?

Skills as'mt sent 4/6/11-As'mt pass 20/09-IELTS 22/10-WA SS App 5/11-SS Grant 9/11

*Xmas break*

176App 29/01-C.O 17/02-Meds 10/03-Police 22/03-Visa Grant 4/4

Joondalup, Butler, Duncraig are often mentioned as are Rockingham, Secret Harbour, Mandurah.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest JK2510

Butler is little Briton!

I think Tapping would be another one.

Like any big city tho some suburbs will have high concentrations of certain nationalities. We live in Winthrop and its highly Asian as are a few of the suburbs round here due to the good high schools I think.....

Angie.... a work in progress!

Most suburbs north of Joondalup seem to have a high proportion of Brits - in particular Joondalup, Iluka, Kinross, Clarkson, Quinns, Mindarie, Butler.

There was a report in one of the local newspapers recently saying that the City of Joondalup (which encompasses a large portion of the Northern suburbs), has the highest proportion of UK born residents than anywhere else in Australia. I think the figure quoted was around 25%.

Incidently the city of Joondalup did recently win an award for being the best small city to live in the world, so maybe that's why it's attracting so many people. http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/11244921/mandurah-and-joondalup-top-cities/

www.moving2wa.com - Everything we learned moving to Perth and what it's like to be here - Cost of Living, Removal Costs, Where to live, What to bring - Hope it helps

Guest guest17301

Who cares! Just come and sample it for yourself, Brits/Aussies/South Africans/Germans/Kiwis/Indians/Asians theres a good mix everywhere. Nowhere in Perth is little Britain. Its all Perth. Its a myth, dont buy into it, poms are still in the minority. Choose your suburb based on what it offers you not the inhabitants and you wont go far wrong.