Confused about Police checks and medicals

Guest Sianburton

Guest Sianburton

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I was wondering if anyone who has put their application in can confirm.

We are applying for a 176 and are just waiting for our SS to come back before we put our application in. My confusion is that someone put the online list of documents on a thread on here which said you needed to upload your medicals and CRB checks with your application but I thought you were supposed to wait to get these done? Not sure whether to book the medicals now or not. Can someone help please :biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

Unfortunately the migration process has changed so much since we did ours, but I know you use to have to wait until they were requested, hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along to help.

We got our visa in March of this year. I don't think it has changed but once you put your app in you only do your medicals & police checks once you are allocated a Case Officer and do so at their request. They normally give you 28 days to get them done but in our case it was 3 months as I was pregnant at the time we got our CO.

The police checks and medicals are valid for 12 months too.

If this has changed since earlier this year I am sure someone will correct me.

Ta

Claire

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I was wondering if anyone who has put their application in can confirm.

We are applying for a 176 and are just waiting for our SS to come back before we put our application in. My confusion is that someone put the online list of documents on a thread on here which said you needed to upload your medicals and CRB checks with your application but I thought you were supposed to wait to get these done? Not sure whether to book the medicals now or not. Can someone help please :biggrin:

It's different with 176 state sponsored because the process is quick, you'll find that a lot of people front load Med's and Police Clearance Certificates, ACRO ( not CRB check) soon after lodging the 176 application. But it's your choice.

Good luck:smile:

Hi there

It has changed due to the speed of processing 176 visas. We sent off for our police checks in advance but you can't book a medical until you have your application number, the one you get when you put your final application in to DIAC.

It does still advise you to wait until the CO requests them but thats due to timescale I think .... As they only last 12 months, but as they are processing so quickly at the moment a lot of people get them done before being requested. For info, when we put our main application in we were able to book our medicals the week after at our Edinburgh clinic. And the police checks UK were back within about 3 weeks.

Thanks, Julie

Can anyone advise on the costs for nedicals and police checks, also are there specific clinics you need to use ( I live in Stirling, Scotland).

Only place in Scotland that do them are the Edinburgh Spire Hospital, just off the bypass - Adult £290 or £295, Child £90 or 95, cant remember exactly. For Police check ACRO - £35, you also need a passport photo signed by witness in specific occupation.

You can get appointments really quickly at the Edinburgh Clinic.

Guest tandcmum

i think it's different for each visa, i know for my RSMS visa we are supposed to send the police check certificates with the application but wait until told to have the medical, although i have heard that you are pretty much told to get the medical when your application is received and acknowledged.

Guest tandcmum
Only place in Scotland that do them are the Edinburgh Spire Hospital, just off the bypass - Adult £290 or £295, Child £90 or 95, cant remember exactly. For Police check ACRO - £35, you also need a passport photo signed by witness in specific occupation.

thats good to know as we will need to go to Edinburgh to have ours done.

Thanks, Nice and handy then.