Medicals and Police Checks cost

Jowill

I'm trying to figure out how much $$$ it will cost for my visa application - has anyone lodged an application in Australia recently and know how much medicals and Aus police checks cost?

I was looking at Medibank Solutions: http://www.medibankhealth.com.au/files/editor_upload/File/documents/Price%20List%20Visa%20Medicals%20MHS%202011-12%20-%20FINALv3.pdf

But they have many different items, and sometimes the same item but different prices. Anyone been through the process and know how the fees work?

And with the police checks - from reading threads here it seem like they don't need to be done until requested. Would I need to submit Australian police checks seeing as I've lived in Australia? (Or would DIAC get them directly from the police?)

Cheers!

Which visa are you applying for and what's your occupation? This will determine which medical tests you have to undergo

You have to get your medicals done at medibank if you are in Australia.

You will probably need an Australian police check if you are currently living in Australia, on top of checks for any country you've lived in for a total of 12months or more in the last ten years.

Whether you should include these with your application or wait to be asked for them will depend on which visa you've applied for and the processing times.

Hi can anyone help we just been asked to apply for our medicals and police checks does anyone know how much they will be and do u pay extra if you have tattoo s ? also please could anyone help im worried my OH just informed me he went to court and got fined £100 some years ago because his ex say s he pushed her ? he tell s me he was locked up in the cell s for a night then court the nxt day had pay £100 cost for common assult in june 2004!!! will this stop us getting a visa ? he s the main person on our 175 visa! Hope someone can help wendy x

Hi can anyone help we just been asked to apply for our medicals and police checks does anyone know how much they will be and do u pay extra if you have tattoo s ? also please could anyone help im worried my OH just informed me he went to court and got fined £100 some years ago because his ex say s he pushed her ? he tell s me he was locked up in the cell s for a night then court the nxt day had pay £100 cost for common assult in june 2004!!! will this stop us getting a visa ? he s the main person on our 175 visa! Hope someone can help wendy x

Hi, his conviction shouldn't be a problem as long as he declared it it on the application form. If he hasn't this might be a problem. If you are concerned give DIAC a call and they should be able to advise you.

As for police checks and medicals, the police checks are £35 per adult and roughly £300 per adult for medicals. You will need HIV and hepatitis blood tests. These are around £80-£100 for both

Good luck x

Thankyou for your quick reply will let you know how we get on xxx

I don't know where abouts you live, but it would be worth checking the prices at different clinics as I have found a big difference in price between them (up to £250 difference) for 2 adults and a little one.

We live in the midlands but will travel down to maidenhead for ours as we will be saving alot of £'s than if we went to our nearest clinic x

Hi, his conviction shouldn't be a problem as long as he declared it it on the application form. If he hasn't this might be a problem. If you are concerned give DIAC a call and they should be able to advise you.

As for police checks and medicals, the police checks are £35 per adult and roughly £300 per adult for medicals. You will need HIV and hepatitis blood tests. These are around £80-£100 for both

Good luck x

That is very steep for medicals, we paid £200 for medicals blood test & Xrays. I would look around as that is a rip off price.

We did our Medicals,

2 Adults £400

1 16 yr old £200

1 little one £80

That was it all in Medical, Xrays, blooods the lot all done at maidenhead.

Police checks were £35.00 for both of us didnt have to submit one for our 16 yr old.

Unless they have put up the prices that is what we paid in Oct this year and quite a few more have also

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new to all this and just trying to figure out what costs are going to be involved so we can budget properly before we commit.............

Might be a stupid question but where do I start looking for a clinic to do our medicals. We live in the NE of England.

Ron

Guest tandcmum

our medical costs seem to be on the high side, £300 for adults, plus extra 75 quid for me as i worj in healthcare, kids are £90 each. However we are in scotland and the amount it would cost us to travel to the next nearest clinic which is manchester would cost us the difference in petrol and other costs.

Hi just had our 6 medicals done in Manchester on 23/12/12...£260 x 2 adults..£260..x 1..16yr old son!..£120..step daughter age 13yrs!..2 x under 10 yr olds step children £90 each!! and all before xmas!! :-((( We Just waiting on my OH doctor to send a note due to his high blood pressure...been told as long as he goes on medication and sends the panal doctor the note sayng this he will pass our medicals Fingers crossed!! Son age 16 fainted before they took his blood!! no wonder my OH got high blood pressure!!..lol.Police CRB £35 i think! good luck everyone and wish you all a Happy New Year! :-))) wendy,Andy,Tristan,Jenny,sam & Jemma xxxxxx