176 visas lodged November 2011

Guest Kalinka

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

We lodged our application on 3/11, we're still no further on. Our agent says we have been allocated *a case officer since 22/11, we still haven't received any further instructions. The status of all our documentation (even though we have sent it all) when we view the application online is still ‘Required’.

In the hope that it might speed up the application we applied for & received our police clearance Certs, which were uploaded last week. Haven't done Medicals as we told to wait until they are requested!

This waiting is impossible! Argh!!!* Is anyone else from the November bunch in a similar position?

Timeline: SA Application lodged 25/7, IELTS result 8.0 14/9, 176 Lodged 3/11, CO allocated 22/11, Visa ???

Hi all,

We lodged our application on 3/11, we're still no further on. Our agent says we have been allocated *a case officer since 22/11, we still haven't received any further instructions. The status of all our documentation (even though we have sent it all) when we view the application online is still ‘Required’.

In the hope that it might speed up the application we applied for & received our police clearance Certs, which were uploaded last week. Haven't done Medicals as we told to wait until they are requested!

This waiting is impossible! Argh!!!* Is anyone else from the November bunch in a similar position?

Timeline: SA Application lodged 25/7, IELTS result 8.0 14/9, 176 Lodged 3/11, CO allocated 22/11, Visa ???

Hi JnC,

I was in a similar position as you. We applied on 18th November and based on the timings we saw went ahead and did our Police Checks and Medicals in mid December. I was frustrated somewhat at the lack of progress - as with you all of our documents still showed as "required" and, despite the Agent saying be patient, phoned Adelaide to see if there was a problem. When I spoke to them, they said that our application was in Category 4 rather than Category 3 as they had not received the sponsorship form 1100 from Western Australia. I was glad I made the call as the online status changed to "Processing further" and the documents were later changed to "met" and we got allocated a Case Officer. I was aware that DIAC phoned my Employer work reference early in January to confirm the details and after three weeks of nothing (Agent was saying be patient) I asked the Agent to email the Case Officer to enquire on the progress. This was sent on Wednesday 1st Feb and we got our Visa through this morning.

So JnC, my advice would be yes be patient as it's not good to keep hassling them every week, but your timeline is way over that and so it is not unreasonable to contact the Case Officer to see if there is a reason why things are not being progressed. Have a word with your Agent. I would have thought the Agent would have forwarded the email showing the Case Officers name and details to you.

In our case, after both of the times we contacted DIAC, things moved along to a happy conclusion. i.e. In our case it was definitely worth contacting them

All the very best of luck. My fingers are crossed for you and any other November applicants that are still waiting out there.

Pegs

Thanks 4speedy posts dani&peg. Delighted you guys are sorted

After reading posts about the 1100 I mailed agent to asked if this could be the why our processing was slower!

Wewere told SA had sent sponsorship notification on the 3/11. We were told that it has been allocated but it was a case of waiting for further instructions. That's reasonable but reading this thread & the december one makes me worried. Agent says there's no formula for DIAC processing and that examples of others I gave from threads was told that's just the way it goes.

Was only onto the agent last week n feel like a stalker, but thinking of ringing and asking if they can contact the case officer n find out what's going on?

On the Form 1100, it was only speaking to the Adelaide Center that they advised that it hadn't been received by DIAC and so identified the reason for the lack of progress. Agent then agreed that there might be a problem and contacted WA who stated that they had sent the form. Never did find out who was responsible but after asking, WA sent it "again" and two days later things were moving. If your agent isn't keen to contact the Case Officer, I would call Adelaide and enquire yourself. After waiting so long, I don't think it is unreasonable and it might identify an unnecessary hold up that can be quickly resolved.

All the best

Pegs

On the Form 1100, it was only speaking to the Adelaide Center that they advised that it hadn't been received by DIAC and so identified the reason for the lack of progress. Agent then agreed that there might be a problem and contacted WA who stated that they had sent the form. Never did find out who was responsible but after asking, WA sent it "again" and two days later things were moving. If your agent isn't keen to contact the Case Officer, I would call Adelaide and enquire yourself. After waiting so long, I don't think it is unreasonable and it might identify an unnecessary hold up that can be quickly resolved.

All the best

Agree, and personally, since an agent is being paid to act on your behalf, I would certainly stalk them until I got satisfaction. You've been waiting a very long time.

Hi. Could someone tell me how much faster the processing time for a 176 visa (WA state sponsorship) would be with a MA?

Cheers.

DAG - It don't believe it will make a difference either way.

As long as you have the points, WA process their applications very fast (12 hours in my case or so! but within a week or so) and DIAC will take their (irregular) time with some 176's being very fast of maybe a month and some a taking a bit longer of a few months.

Hope this helps

Pegs

DAG - It don't believe it will make a difference either way.

As long as you have the points, WA process their applications very fast (12 hours in my case or so! but within a week or so) and DIAC will take their (irregular) time with some 176's being very fast of maybe a month and some a taking a bit longer of a few months.

Hope this helps

Pegs

Pegs. Thanks for the reply. So not much longer than 3 months if I lodge around June? Does my nominated occupation affect processing times?

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be hopping onto this thread a bit late...but we lodged in November, sent in our medicals and police clearance in feb, and are waiting for a reply. It is driving me crazy checking my e-mails every morning and being disappointed with an empty mailbox!!! It seems some are luckier than others and visas are granted quickly...Anyone else still waiting around?

• 1 month later...

Oh I feel your pain! My visa was lodged in August 2011, WA didn't send confirmation of SS until 31st October, and we're STILL waiting! PCC's and Medicals have been uploaded already, CO emailed 9 weeks ago saying sorry for delay, he's finalising our case and will be in touch shortly..... here we are, two phonecalls and 2 emails later, we have heard nothing!!! I'm getting so mad with the whole thing!!!! If there's something wrong I wish he'd just tell us so we can rectify it!!!! Frustration nation!! Waiting, checking, wating, checking!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Oh no, I completely know the feeling it's so horrible. I really feel for you. I dont think anyone can understand the frustration, lack of control and daily disappointment! We had an agent and we were advised not to do Medicals or get in contact but we did the Medicals anyway and it was only then that any progress appeared online. I think our agent emailed twice but to no avail. We are over here now and the stress of the process is thankfully a distant memory (or maybe ive blocked it out!). It is a long time your waiting now so I would say keep persuing it just for your own peace of mind. Very best of luck I really hope you get the good news soon x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys. Just wanted to share our experience with you since I started here in this forum.

My family and I visited Perth from 17th-21st April to validate our visas and look for opportunities etc. I really fell in love with Perth from the time we landed. Our experience was made even better by our Australian host (we stayed at a B&B as hotels were quite costly). She was ready and willing to go out of the way to help us in whatever way she could. I guess there are still angels on earth and I can say that I met my Aussie angel.

I visited several employment agencies during our short stay. Things are looking positive as there are several opening that fit my profile but the only problem was that I did not spend enough time there. I was assured though that they will try their best to have potential employers perform skype interviews. The best thing is that initial contact was made as they told me that employers usually ask whether the agencies have met the candidate in person.

The weather was also great during our stay. Never went above 24 during our stay. It did get a bit nippy at night but warmed up quickly during the day. We didn't get much time to do sight seeing but managed to walk around downtown as well as visit the Zoo. The children loved it but were complaining that it was too much walking :).

I don't want to bore you all with too many details but in short I am looking forward to making Perth our new home in the near future.

Cheers!!

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. Hope we all have our visas now. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm making the big move to Perth on September 11th. I don't arrive in Perth until the 14th though. (long way to travel!). No job yet but there a 2 strong leads so I am hopeful it will work out once I am there. Again thank you all for the support and well wishes. Please let's keep in touch. If anyone else here is already or will be in Perth please PM me so we can maybe have a cup of coffee.

Regards,

TT