176 visas lodged November 2011

Guest Kalinka

I thank God and everyone on this forum for their support. Our visa was granted today 12/12/2011. Initial entry date has been set to 12/05/2012. Have a lot of planning to do. Will keep you guys updated.

Congratulations TT that is such good news. Now the journey really does begin. Good luck. Pegs

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kalinka
I thank God and everyone on this forum for their support. Our visa was granted today 12/12/2011. Initial entry date has been set to 12/05/2012. Have a lot of planning to do. Will keep you guys updated.

Congratulations TTLucian! What an excellent Christmas present! You can start celebrating early! :)

Hi can anyone of you, (since you all applied for your visa's already) tell me.....

Do i need to submit all the work related evidence (references,wageslips etc.) that i have already provided for my (successful)

skills assessment AGAIN with my visa application? Please..any advice would help. Tanja

Hi TT, yes we will be heading to Perth too, but not until Sept 2012. When will you be going? Pegs

Hi Pegs. Haven't thought about it in detail yet but we must activate by 12th May next year. We are thinking of just doing a short recce trip in the mean time and make the big move later on in the year. We are still trying to work out the details.

Keep in touch.

Hi Pegs. Haven't thought about it in detail yet but we must activate by 12th May next year. We are thinking of just doing a short recce trip in the mean time and make the big move later on in the year. We are still trying to work out the details.

Keep in touch.

I see you were a 176 applicant too. Why did they offer only 6 months to validate? Was this related to being "off list" or is this something that could be applied to any 176 applicants? You have me worried now !

Also one query for other applicants out there; my 176 was lodged by our Agent on 18th November and more than three weeks later all documents still show as being "required" but at the top it states "Processing Commenced". The Agent says that a CO hasn't been allocated yet, but on the DIAC site it says CO's have been allocated for 176's through applications received by them as at 27th November 2011. How do you know when a CO has been allocated - does it show on the web site? Also, I would have thought the "required" tagline would have disappeared by now also. Can anyone advise?

Guest Kalinka
I see you were a 176 applicant too. Why did they offer only 6 months to validate? Was this related to being "off list" or is this something that could be applied to any 176 applicants? You have me worried now !

Also one query for other applicants out there; my 176 was lodged by our Agent on 18th November and more than three weeks later all documents still show as being "required" but at the top it states "Processing Commenced". The Agent says that a CO hasn't been allocated yet, but on the DIAC site it says CO's have been allocated for 176's through applications received by them as at 27th November 2011. How do you know when a CO has been allocated - does it show on the web site? Also, I would have thought the "required" tagline would have disappeared by now also. Can anyone advise?

Hi Pegs, I am also still waiting to hear from my CO (by e-mail). My docs are all still showing "required". I called DIAC last week and they said that apparently I had a CO from 23 November but there is no evidence of that at this end, apart from allegedly a line "application being processed further" meaning that a CO has started on my case (I've got this line and it is dated 22 November). So I don't know if I should really believe that I have a CO or not since I have not had any contact from them but the chap at the other end of the information line said that I did. Don't know what to think...

Have you tried calling DIAC at all?

Hi Pegs. I am not sure why they only gave me 6 months to validate. Others report of getting 9 months and some 1 year so I do not even know how they go about giving that time.

In terms of the document checklist I honestly would not go by it. My visa has already been issued and the status of all my documents is still at required.

I got my online application filed on the 30th of November and I have been already requested for PCC and Medicals as of 5th December. Currently in the process of arranging for the same. It went through pretty quickly for us for now. Started the process with the ACS application on the 26th of September.

Can i ask you ,that have already lodged your applications......to get the 8 eyars (15) points.. do you have to supply evidence for exactly 8 years, down to the day? And what if you can't get references from some employers? Due to them refusing or the company going into liquidation? And also do you have to provide refernce,wage slips,bank statements,tax records for every job held in those 8 years? It's just that my OH is a self employed Bricklayer and had at least 15 different firms he worked for in the past 10 years, so do we need to get all this stuff for all firms?? Sounds like a lot of paper work, and a lot of waiting for other people.......

Any advice would really help Tanja

Guest Kalinka

What's happening with this thread?! It seems that now the December applicants are getting COs and we are still waiting for ours... Have they just skipped November and started on December applications after the October ones?

I am still waiting to hear from my CO. Having called DIAC for the second time I was told that I did have a CO (though this time they quoted me a different date of when a CO was assigned). The girl also promised to send them a polite reminder saying that I am concerned about what's happening with my application and perhaps they should contact me. That was nearly a week ago - still heard nothing and docs are all "required". I don't know what to think: is there somebody actually working on my case or not???

Pegs, I take it you haven't heard anything either yet?

What's happening with this thread?! It seems that now the December applicants are getting COs and we are still waiting for ours... Have they just skipped November and started on December applications after the October ones?

I am still waiting to hear from my CO. Having called DIAC for the second time I was told that I did have a CO (though this time they quoted me a different date of when a CO was assigned). The girl also promised to send them a polite reminder saying that I am concerned about what's happening with my application and perhaps they should contact me. That was nearly a week ago - still heard nothing and docs are all "required". I don't know what to think: is there somebody actually working on my case or not???

Pegs, I take it you haven't heard anything either yet?

Hi Kalinka,

No news from a CO either I am afraid. I spoke to my Agent after my last post and they said just be patient. We had our Medicals done last weekend and I see that they had been received this morning on the first online webpage but on the second page (with the checklist) they still show as being "required" ? Otherwise it just shows as "Processing Commenced" with everything showing as being required. All very frustrating when I see others with their CO's having made contact. We sent off for the Police Checks last week and hope to have those back soon for uploading.

When you called did you call the Adelaide #'s shown here? http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/processing-centres/adelaide-skilled.htm I may try and give them a call tonight. It would be nice to have some contact before Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Pegs

Guest Kalinka
Hi Kalinka,

No news from a CO either I am afraid. I spoke to my Agent after my last post and they said just be patient. We had our Medicals done last weekend and I see that they had been received this morning on the first online webpage but on the second page (with the checklist) they still show as being "required" ? Otherwise it just shows as "Processing Commenced" with everything showing as being required. All very frustrating when I see others with their CO's having made contact. We sent off for the Police Checks last week and hope to have those back soon for uploading.

When you called did you call the Adelaide #'s shown here? http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/processing-centres/adelaide-skilled.htm I may try and give them a call tonight. It would be nice to have some contact before Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Pegs

Hi Pegs,

Yes, I phoned the Adelaide centre, was on hold for about 20 minutes and it's a premium rate number! Only to be told that they had nothing further to tell me. Towards the end of that conversation I got a distinct feeling that they were just trying to fob me off with any old thing, just to get me off the phone. But an official government organisation like DIAC wouldn't do that, sirely?

Good luck with your call. Please let us know later how you get on?

I called DIAC and they explained that I am sat in Category 4 rather than Category 3 because they have not received the Form 1100 from WA for my state sponsorship. Wished I had not listened to the Agent, but glad I ignored their advice after no too long ! Will get agent to get onto WA to forward the form 1100.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robnnic

Hi guys,

Just thought i would update you and let you know we got our visa this morning!!!!

Hope it brings some positive energy to the group......fingers crossed for you all

Nic.x.x

Hi guys,

Just thought i would update you and let you know we got our visa this morning!!!!

Hope it brings some positive energy to the group......fingers crossed for you all

Nic.x.x

Congratulations Nic. That is fantastic news and does give us slow coaches hope! I bet you are on Cloud 9 today. When and where are you heading over?

Pegs

PS No news with me...system suggest that I am still waiting for a CO but we have meds and the police checks uploaded okay. Yesterday, I asked our Agent to enquire on status after the Form 1100 was uploaded before Christmas and nothing seems to have changed on the DIAC status webpages.

Congrats Rob!

Now we need some good news from Kalinka and Pegs.

Hi guys,

Nic.x.x

The positive vibes and our making an online status enquiry yesterday seems to have helped. Overnight, our online status has changed; on the document checklist everything is showing as having been met and status is showing "being processed further".

Not long now I think....

Pegs