176 visas lodged November 2011

Guest Kalinka

Guest Kalinka
Morning all.

I see that the Case Officer allocation grid has been updated to show Cat 3 176's lodged through 20th November 2011 have been allocated - although my application status page doesn't seem to reflect an allocation (lodged on 18th November).

Any news from anyone out there who lodged pre Nov 20th?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Hi Pegs,

I am in the same boat! Still no CO (and docs show "required"), though I lodged on 11 November. I think I might give DIAC a call to see what's going on...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I'd say it can be reasonable to contact DIAC. I got an email from my CO this morning requesting a document that's missing and needed to make the application complete. There's also a chance that your applications include everything required for the assessment and you'll be contacted pretty soon:) Good luck

Guest Kalinka
Do you know if your sponsoring state has forwarded form 1100 to DIAC?

Yes, they did. On the same day that I applied. I received confirmation e-mail from the sposoring state saying that they'd done so.

TTLucian, could you possibly check for me: did you get a line saying "application being processed further" in your checklist of documents on the DIAC "check progress of applciation" page? And if you did, did the date of this entry coincide with the date you got a CO? Thank you.

Yes, they did. On the same day that I applied. I received confirmation e-mail from the sposoring state saying that they'd done so.

TTLucian, could you possibly check for me: did you get a line saying "application being processed further" in your checklist of documents on the DIAC "check progress of applciation" page? And if you did, did the date of this entry coincide with the date you got a CO? Thank you.

Yes I can confirm that it said application being processed further the same day I got the email from the CO.

What state are you looking to move?

Guest Kalinka
Yes I can confirm that it said application being processed further the same day I got the email from the CO.

What state are you looking to move?

We are looking to go to SA. What about you?

On my checklist it says "application being processed further" on 22 November! But there has been no contact from CO, nor any change in the status of documents, all are still "required"...:( I am getting worried now: is there a problem?!

We are looking to go to SA. What about you?

On my checklist it says "application being processed further" on 22 November! But there has been no contact from CO, nor any change in the status of documents, all are still "required"...:( I am getting worried now: is there a problem?!

Was looking at SA as well but then my nominated occupation was no longer available when my skills assessment came through. I then tried for WA as off list and was successful so it looks like we're heading to Perth.

I think it should not hurt to contact DIAC as on their[url=http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm][/url] allocation dates page (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm), it states that those who lodged 176 visas before November 20th have been contacted by a case office officer. This is not the case for you so go ahead and contact them.

Guest Kalinka
Was looking at SA as well but then my nominated occupation was no longer available when my skills assessment came through. I then tried for WA as off list and was successful so it looks like we're heading to Perth.

I think it should not hurt to contact DIAC as on their allocation dates page (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm), it states that those who lodged 176 visas before November 20th have been contacted by a case office officer. This is not the case for you so go ahead and contact them.

Well, I phoned DIAC last night and was told that apparently I do have a case officer (from 23 November!), although they didn't contact me and none of the documents changed their status. I was told that CO only contacts you when they need something from you, and not when they start looking at your application, so they must be checking further the information I provided before they get in touch. Doesn't sound that great to me, in fact it worries me: they've been checking it for two weeks and are still not happy enough to move on further and request medicals and police checks from me... All I can do now is wait...:(

Well, I phoned DIAC last night and was told that apparently I do have a case officer (from 23 November!), although they didn't contact me and none of the documents changed their status. I was told that CO only contacts you when they need something from you, and not when they start looking at your application, so they must be checking further the information I provided before they get in touch. Doesn't sound that great to me, in fact it worries me: they've been checking it for two weeks and are still not happy enough to move on further and request medicals and police checks from me... All I can do now is wait...:(

Guess you are right cos they should have at least asked you to proceed with your medicals and PCC. Did they tell you what team you are assigned to?

Guest robnnic

Hi Guys,

Must have missed this thread...can i join?!?!?!

We sent off for our 176 on 14/11/11 got a case officer on 23/11/11 and just had our medicals on 5/12/11.....we only knew we got a case officer because they requested our medical and police check.

Hope we all get some good news soon.x.x.x.

Hi Guys,

Must have missed this thread...can i join?!?!?!

We sent off for our 176 on 14/11/11 got a case officer on 23/11/11 and just had our medicals on 5/12/11.....we only knew we got a case officer because they requested our medical and police check.

Hope we all get some good news soon.x.x.x.

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to good news from everyone subscribed to the thread.

Guest Kalinka
Guess you are right cos they should have at least asked you to proceed with your medicals and PCC. Did they tell you what team you are assigned to?

No, they didn't but, to be fair, I wasn't sure what to ask, and what would be considered "confidential" and therefore "pushing it" a bit too far with them. So I am none the wiser at the moment. Just trying to convince myself that perhaps the delay is due to me having a dual citizenship already or due to the fact that my degree transcipts are not in English (albeit provided with a certified English translation)...

We have booked our Medicals for Saturday 17th December 2011 and hope to have the CO appointed and ask us to proceed before then. We've booked it now as we wanted a Saturday appointment to avoid having to take the kids out of school for it and have it scheduled so hopefully the results will be processed before the Christmas shut down. If worst comes to the worst we can postpone the appointment with 48 hours notice. Will send off the PCC forms this weekend.

We haven't done the Form 80 yet either as it is not always needed.

All the best

Pegs

We're planning to apply for our 176 over the next couple of days but were planning to book our medicals before having a case officer assigned. I thought they could then be automatically uploaded to the application without needing to wait for them to be requested. Do you know if this information is correct ok as I don't want to need to get them re-done? I'm just asking as I notice you are talking about the possibility of postponing your appointment.

We're planning to apply for our 176 over the next couple of days but were planning to book our medicals before having a case officer assigned. I thought they could then be automatically uploaded to the application without needing to wait for them to be requested. Do you know if this information is correct ok as I don't want to need to get them re-done? I'm just asking as I notice you are talking about the possibility of postponing your appointment.

Hi Jacb. Congrats on getting the WA SS so quickly - I think we "met" on the WA State Sponsorship thread earlier this week. I understand that you can upload the medicals without being requested and this can obviously speed up the process. I have seen others in the past have done this.

There are however two possible downsides that I can see; 1. there is a risk that the CO may find problems with your application and quash it before the medical expense having been incurred and therefore saving you money, and 2; probably more relevant, the clock starts ticking on the 12 month deadline to validate from the date of the earlier of your PCC or Medicals. Therefore, its not necessarily a good idea to get it too early before getting your CO as it will reduce your validation time available.

For us, a family of 5 the medical cost is approx £770, so no small amount. Therefore I timed our appointment so that we should get the CO a week or two before then but it should save some time when compared to waiting for the CO before trying to book our medicals.

As we plan to emigrate around 1st Sept 2012 and certainly by the end of October 2012, starting the 12 month deadline from 17th December 2011 isn't an issue for us but may be for others/you (?).

Hope this helps Jacb. All the best. Pegs

Thanks Pegs thats very helpful. I think based on what you have said we should be fine (assuming there isn't something dreadfully wrong with our application!) We are hoping to move across in May 2012 so we should be easily in time for the 12 month deadline. I totally understand your hesitation if you are waiting until September / October. We're just about ready to send off our application, just trying to clarify a few questions with DIAC, i.e. we are unsure of some exact uni. dates, old working holiday visa numbers and a bit of a question about the residency of my husband as he is currently working in Saudi Arabia. Someone on poms in oz advised us to put the UK which is what I was hoping for but I'm just a bit paranoid so I contacted DIAC directly to check. They weren't overly helpful and weren't able to give me a straight answer. They basically said put either as it wouldn't affect our application either way - I'm not convinced!

:biggrin:Good luck getting your visa sorted

Hello guys. I feel really horrible about a mistake I made and wanted to share with you. I thought my CO was female and addressed my emails as such. After doing some investigation I realised that the person is indeed male!

I was thoroughly embarrassed and sent off an apology email expressing my regret for being so foolish. Hope my gaffe doesn't delay the visa decision!

Feeling a sense of relief as my milestone updated FINALLY to :

Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office 09 Dec 2011

Am happy knowing at least they recieved my documentation.

Lodged my app on the 28th of November.

Wondering how long this will take now...:jiggy:

Hi Helene. Has the status of your document checklist changed to MET for any of the requirements? Also which team is processing your application?

Regards

Yep all docs met, meds finalised and we don't have a clue which team, we have never had contact with a co!!

Once my docs had gone to met, online it was requesting meds and police checks now they are all finalised, my agent has had no contact from the co either, but it looks like you only get contacted at the moment if the require something from you :)

Yep all docs met, meds finalised and we don't have a clue which team, we have never had contact with a co!!

Once my docs had gone to met, online it was requesting meds and police checks now they are all finalised, my agent has had no contact from the co either, but it looks like you only get contacted at the moment if the require something from you :)

OK. My docs still all say required but I did get an email from the CO asking for Meds and PCC's as well as functional English evidence for my wife. I didn't use an agent did everything on my own every step of the way except for the meds. :)

Well let's hope for the best and good luck. Hopefully we will get it soon.