176 visas lodged November 2011

Guest Kalinka

Guest Kalinka

Hi there,

Just was wondering if many/anybody who lodged their 176 state sponsored visa applications in November had been assigned a CO yet? I lodged on 11 November and am still waiting to hear from DIAC.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kalinka,

I lodged a week after you on 18th November and haven't had a status change / CO yet.

However, looking through the processing dates on the October thread it was typically 18-24 days before a CO was appointed so it could be any day now for you.

Are you getting your medical apointment booked prior to being asked to do so by the CO?

Best of luck

Guest Kalinka
Hi Kalinka,

I lodged a week after you on 18th November and haven't had a status change / CO yet.

However, looking through the processing dates on the October thread it was typically 18-24 days before a CO was appointed so it could be any day now for you.

Are you getting your medical apointment booked prior to being asked to do so by the CO?

Best of luck

Hi Pegs,

No, I haven't got my medicals or police checks organised yet, waiting for the CO to instruct me to do so.

I haven't uploaded Form 80 either yet, though I am not sure if I should. It's not on the online document checklist but was mentioned in the automated reply e-mail received upon lodgement of application. I thought most people wait till CO asks for it as it might not be requried for each and every applicant. Have you uploaded yours straight away?

Guest Kalinka
Hi Kalinka. I lodged my application on 08/11/2011 and had a CO on 17/7/2011. We lodged in the same week so not sure what happened. Hopefully by the end of this week you may have a CO assigned or you can go by the allocation dates.

Wow, TTLucian! You were really lucky here - or your application was so impressive they just had to review it straight away... :) It looks though that you are more of an exception than the rule. I am still waiting and hoping!..

Hi Pegs,

No, I haven't got my medicals or police checks organised yet, waiting for the CO to instruct me to do so.

I haven't uploaded Form 80 either yet, though I am not sure if I should. It's not on the online document checklist but was mentioned in the automated reply e-mail received upon lodgement of application. I thought most people wait till CO asks for it as it might not be requried for each and every applicant. Have you uploaded yours straight away?

We have booked our Medicals for Saturday 17th December 2011 and hope to have the CO appointed and ask us to proceed before then. We've booked it now as we wanted a Saturday appointment to avoid having to take the kids out of school for it and have it scheduled so hopefully the results will be processed before the Christmas shut down. If worst comes to the worst we can postpone the appointment with 48 hours notice. Will send off the PCC forms this weekend.

We haven't done the Form 80 yet either as it is not always needed.

All the best

Pegs

Guest Kalinka

It seems to have gone really quiet on the CO assignment front: hardly anyone appears to have got a CO in the last week or so. I am still waiting for mine... Please inject some positivity into the proceedings and tell us that you got a CO in the last couple of days?!

I lodged mine at the start of October and had a case officer assigned 3 weeks later, so its around 3 to 4 weeks from lodgement with a 176, they must have a huge caseload.

It seems to have gone really quiet on the CO assignment front: hardly anyone appears to have got a CO in the last week or so. I am still waiting for mine... Please inject some positivity into the proceedings and tell us that you got a CO in the last couple of days?!

I lodged 6or7 th October, still not had official notification of a CO!! Yet on line all docs were met, meds police checks were requested, got all that done meds finalised so we obviously have a CO, but still nothing official lol :)

Helene73, sounds like you have a CO then, thats a late stage for you now, probably only a matter of days for a decision if everything is met unless form 80 is still being checked so maybe a week

Helene73, sounds like you have a CO then, thats a late stage for you now, probably only a matter of days for a decision if everything is met unless form 80 is still being checked so maybe a week

:) hope so

I have heard of a few people getting visa grants without ever getting official notification of a CO but that's being when they have uploaded meds and police checks at the same time they lodged.

Good luck guys

I suggest you check your applications' statuses guys. There appeared a line : '30/11/2011 Application being processed further' on my app. Not sure what that means though. Based on what I've read for many that meant appointing a CO. I haven't received any email so far, nor has anything changed on my document checklist. So, still waiting.

Guest Kalinka
I suggest you check your applications' statuses guys. There appeared a line : '30/11/2011 Application being processed further' on my app. Not sure what that means though. Based on what I've read for many that meant appointing a CO. I haven't received any email so far, nor has anything changed on my document checklist. So, still waiting.

Is this true? Mine says "being processed further" on 22.11.11 but documents are still all "required" and no e-mail from DIAC to advise of CO assignment or to request medicals or police checks...

Is this true? Mine says "being processed further" on 22.11.11 but documents are still all "required" and no e-mail from DIAC to advise of CO assignment or to request medicals or police checks...

I am not certain of whether it's true. Anyway, I reckon that your application starts to be dealt with when that line appears. It might as well be just some supporting officer taking a look at your application, or some routine checks.

It took the guys from 176's lodged October 2011 from three to four weeks to be allocated a CO, so I hope you hear from yours next week;)

Hi All,

I submitted/uploaded online application for (VIC SS) 176 visa on 3rd Nov, CO assigned on 15th Nov and pre-grant notification on 21 Nov. Very impressed with that service - just need to get offshore for final visa grant!

Morning all.

I see that the Case Officer allocation grid has been updated to show Cat 3 176's lodged through 20th November 2011 have been allocated - although my application status page doesn't seem to reflect an allocation (lodged on 18th November).

Any news from anyone out there who lodged pre Nov 20th?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm