Student visa options + Mild rant! Help!!

chisel1

Hi there,

After working for two months for an employer and finally talking them into sponsoring me, i decided to go and see an immigration lawyer to see what i had to do next. GREAT!

Right, i work as a fully qualified joiner (5years) i am 23 years of age and living with relatives whilst here on a WHV. So it turns out my employer cant sponsor me now as im not earning (or earning below) the Market Salary Rate.

BUMMER! It has been hard enough to persuade my employer to do this finally, and i know for sure i wont be able to squeeze another $10k per annum out of them.

So im back to square one peeps. Ill probably do my regional work in the new year and get my 12 month extension.

So seeing as there aren't a lot of options for me (as i dont live in regional australia) I am toying with one of my final options which is a Student Visa.

Has anyone done this before? I have found International student course fees to be very hefty indeed! ($10-30k) So i was wondering about a modern apprenticeship, and a complete retrain.

Again has anyone done this?

So for a 23 year old, English speaking, Fully qualified tradesman + Family willing to sponsor + Employment within trade. My options are to either 1, Get married 2, Find a new employer 3, Become a student AGAIN! 4, Go home.

COMPLETE BULLS**T !!!

:wacko::arghh::em0300::happy_face_mummy_go

Thanks in advance folks!

Mark

That's right apprenticeships are for citizens & PR only so do you have a girl in mind?

You don't qualify for any of the independent visas?

Hi shel,

Yeah i thought that would be the case, i had heard that, but just wanted to get it set in stone.

No girls on the scene YET! I never thought it would be so tricky, but its just the way it is i suppose.

I would probably be able to complete a GSM application, but in order to do that i need a positive skills assesment from VETASSES ( 3 years experience required).

I have worked within my trade for 5 years, 3 years of that was doing my apprenticeship, so they only take 2 years into account. Which is frustrating as i was still 'on the job' so to speak.

So in September of next year i will have had 3 years experience, so maybe thats an option then?

Anymore thoughts?

Thanks for the reply!

:notworthy:

What is your occupation, salary, and which award are you working under?

Ahh Mr Russell!

I emailed you the other week at your office in St Marys, i am only down the road in Werrington.

Good to hear from you.

I am a time served Joiner (bench) Current salary is $38,532 i am working as 'JOINER LEVEL 5'

I am led to beleive that the current market salary rate is $49,300 or there abouts.

Any ideas?

Regards