BEWARE - Rentals and Pets

Guest guest52672

Guest MontyClaude

Laura I think you are in a terrible situation. Believe me I would NEVER have a go at anyone (in general actually) over their pets. When we arrived our agent hadn't completed the paperwork properly and all 4 were due to go back and be re-imported at our expense. I borrowed an extra 20K to do it.......so know exactly how you feel about your furries.

The house we live in isn't exactly stunning and we are paying through the nose for it but they allowed my 1 dog (ahem, just hide the other 3 pets when it's inspection time!) but we are already planning on breaking our lease and moving somewhere more suitable. This was just a stop gap and I'm hoping that it'll be eaiser to find a house when we have a house and also not in the middle of summer. We've already been onto our agent about breaking our lease and they're not too bothered - they told us we have ducted aircon and we don't so they're not really in a position to moan!

Honestly, I feel for you and I really hope it works out whatever you decide to do. People on this forum are geniune and well intentioned, I don't think anyone is trying to be mean to you, but it can be hard to try and pick up a tone over a thread. Good luck with it all :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've now written two replies and then clicked the wrong button (unless there are three replies in a row from me).

Rather than my eloquent and well crafted words, here is the short version:

yay for nice people offering advice, Stacey - you're a doll, and Monty - give Narre Warren a try (some parts are lovely and it's quite a dog friendly area!)

Now for the true test: will this post disappear as well, or will I be seen??