Our leaving party last nite

kellyjamie

Hi all,

not posted for a bit as weve been busy with the last bits n bobs. Anyhow we had our leaving party last nite, and it was absolutely packed, pretty much everyone turned up, and it was a great nite, we didnt do a speech we decided against it! Our friend filmed the whole nite and then people were given the opportunity to leave us a private message on the video. It was a really great nite and was the first time i have been emotional i wasnt really bad, but tears were shed.

Anyhow i know im no different to most but i am absolutely sh$*&ing a brick now about going, i have been for the last week or so i have all of a sudden hit a brick wall. and its purely down to leaving our life here its finally hit me how huge this move is and what were giving up. I have no queries about ife in oz i dont doubt it will be wonderful, but i am really struggling with giving up everything we have here, especially leaving my son behind.

We have spoke about it and jamie has promised that if dont settle we come back end of. I have been the driving force up until now and so positive but not anymore, i will give it my absolute best and hope once there i find that spirit again:wubclub:

Guest guest37336
Hi all,

not posted for a bit as weve been busy with the last bits n bobs. Anyhow we had our leaving party last nite, and it was absolutely packed, pretty much everyone turned up, and it was a great nite, we didnt do a speech we decided against it! Our friend filmed the whole nite and then people were given the opportunity to leave us a private message on the video. It was a really great nite and was the first time i have been emotional i wasnt really bad, but tears were shed.

Anyhow i know im no different to most but i am absolutely sh$*&ing a brick now about going, i have been for the last week or so i have all of a sudden hit a brick wall. and its purely down to leaving our life here its finally hit me how huge this move is and what were giving up. I have no queries about ife in oz i dont doubt it will be wonderful, but i am really struggling with giving up everything we have here, especially leaving my son behind.

We have spoke about it and jamie has promised that if dont settle we come back end of. I have been the driving force up until now and so positive but not anymore, i will give it my absolute best and hope once there i find that spirit again:wubclub:

Hi Kelly.

I managed to build my first house in OZ with the bricks I xxxx, so no worries there.:biglaugh:

You have the right attitude with the move Kelly, if it doesn't work out, come back matey, having said that I am sure everything will be OK for you and yours.

Take each day as it comes and never say 'This Is It' closes many happy options for you.

In the meantime my friend, well done for getting through last night, and onwards and upwards.:yes:

Cheers Tony.

Best of Luck with your move Kelly & Jamie :smile:

We came out here in August and my 13yrold daughter and I cried like babies leaving departures and getting on the plane - like you, it wasn't that we doubted we were doing the right thing and that it would all be fine, just hit us what we were doing and how many very special friends and family members we were leaving behind! We have been here for 14 weeks and we are all loving it. The kids settled almost from day one of starting school and have masses of lovely new friends. We are taking a little longer to find our social feet but are really enjoying the climate, the beaches, our fab outdoor life. We've bought a puppy and she has been a joy to take to the dog beaches and out and about. We are not regretting our massive life changing move and can only hope when our family come to stay in January that they will be able to see why we are here and feel pleased that we're happy and settled.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you and you love your new adventure!

Liz xxx

Guest guest37336

You'll find your 'spirit/mojo' again Kelly. Flipping hard work emigrating, but the 'thought' can often be worse than the 'actual' experience, if that makes sense.

I found the first time I did Kelly one hell of an anti climax, well at least the granting of the perm visa anyway. Months of work to get it, then when me and Ruth sat there trembling waiting to open the 'envelope' (as it was back then) we felt joy at a positive but also:

JESUS H CHRIST, this is it, PANIC,:shocked::shocked::shocked::yes:

You will be fine Kelly, not easy though, but hopefully many more highs than lows, and at the end of the day an experience few are granted.

Waffling again Kelly, but spirit/mojo is always there, deep down in your very soul, just takes a while at times to find it again, but once found,:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Cheers Tony.

You'l do your very best to settle Kelly,of that theres no doubt,just remember tho,its where your happiest that counts,NOT proving people wrong,too many on here worry about "making it work in oz" because their scared of what others say if it doesnt work out,"failures" etc:mad:,load of toffee!!,its a matter of choice,isnt it that simple?!,all the best kelly:wink:

• Like 1

Hi all,

Hi Kellyjamie

What you have said is exactly how i felt when i thought about the move, only the other day especially the part about leaving your son, as i am doing the same here. I know my boy wants me to take the bull by the horns and try it out, and i know nothing has to be forever, but i will make the move and try it out. If i come back home, then so be it, who says it has to be forever, its an adventure and that is my way of seeing the whole experience. Hope you get your strength back and enjoy whatever time you have left here with your family. good luck with the move :wide-eyed: