Guest Cam_Russ

Relationship statement (stat dec)

Guest Cam_Russ

Good Morning all....

Russ and I have to each write a statement in relation to our relationship etc to lodge with our Visa app. It does say on the immi.gov.au that we need to do one each, but that it can be on ordinary paper.

I have 2 questions. Firstly, does it have to be hand written, or can we type it on the computer and then sign it.

Secondly, does anyone have any suggestions as to how we start it off... like a stat dec??

All assistance appreciated.

Cheers

Cam & Russ

Guest The Boultons

Hi

I'm sure it can be typed - we did a stat dec for hubby as he is self employed.

It starts off I (your name) of (your address) ...............

If you want to pm me with an email address I will send you the begining if Bill's it might help you.

Karen

Hi Cam and Russ,

I am applying for a spouse visa and we had to write about our relationship. We hand wrote ours and basically started by saying how we had met, we tried not to make it too cheesy and long and mine was a bit lighthearted whereas OH was a bit more serious.

My hubbie also had to do a statement about how he was going to support me etc and he typed that on the pc and then signed it so we probably could've done that with the other statements.

Wendy

Guest Cam_Russ

Thanks for your replies guys...

Wendy, with the letter about how your hubby would support you etc.. did you put that in as you're applying from Australia?? We're both in the UK at the moment.

Also, how did you start off the statement??

Cheers

Cam

We are still in the Uk at the moment and he started it by saying initially we would be renting but our intention would then be to buy and he also intended to get a job to support us, so along those lines basically.

Guest peppa

hi cam

we have just done ours I am going on a spouse visa, we typed ours in a stat dec and then signed them. If you would like to see how we set ours our pm me.

x

Thanks for your replies guys...

Wendy, with the letter about how your hubby would support you etc.. did you put that in as you're applying from Australia?? We're both in the UK at the moment.

Also, how did you start off the statement??

Cheers

Cam