How Long Did it take you to get your skills assessed with Vettasses  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Did it take you to get your skills assessed with Vettasses

• 1 -2 months
    • 3 - 4 months
    • 5 - 6 Months
    • 6 months Plus

Guest dmcevilly

Got mine back yesterday! So delighted. A few "politeful" phone calls here and there seems to have done the trick. Best £5 Skype credit ever spent! Seems to be a small set up there as every time I rang and mentioned a previous employers name they were always on the other side of the desk........ Maybe my imagination getting carried away! lol

They continually mention the 16 week current turnaround target but mine took 13 weeks altogether from date of receiving my supporting documents. One of the colleagues who was a skills assessor mentioned they have taken on extra staff to answer emails and calls as assessors were being caught up in all that, taking them away from actually getting on with the case assessing. So fingers crossed things will speed up for you all! :wink:

My agent seems to think he will have the certificate some time next week, he said it would be posted the day after the email was sent. Can't understand why it can't be emailed especially when they accept electronic copies of your skills assessment paperwork!!!

Guest dmcevilly

They can fax you a copy but to be honest I asked for it and still non the wiser when I received it. Besides, only the original can be used for State sponsorship.

Opened computer to check on status for Vetassess today. Initially excited to see email sitting there but when I opened it got a bit of a shock...it stated that they could not proceed any further with my husbands application as it was missing one document...the document they were looking for is an up to date First Aid Certificate. A totally reasonable request, however I am totally baffled as to why and in which world a Plumber needs a first aid certificate. You would think that an institution who is so particular that all documents are in order and that everything is done properly on our side would be better informed that a plumber does not need a first aid certificate to unblock drains and fit pipes ect....now I know things are different in Australia and they view UK plumbers as substandard to Australian ones but never did I believe that they would be required to perform mouth to mouth or other medical assistance as part of their job description. I can only assume it was an error on Victoria Uni in this instance, however wonder had the error been ours what the outcome would have been???? more money I think.