any ideas on timescales for visa?

sunshine please

Hi again everyone...

We have just been told that the company oh had int with are going ahead with sponsership. Phewww. They are only just applyling for eligibility tho the agent seems to think they will have no problems there. They meet the criteria. He also thinks they may be able to fastrack as oh is desperatly required (first time for everything hee hee). does anyone know the rough length of time this part takes?

Stage 2 is putting through us. All being well etc...how long roughly does this take? i know every application is different but i just wondered everyones individual timescales.

Well hopefully now we are a few steps closer to getting on the plane :-))

thanks again everyone

xxxxxx

Hi

We sent all our forms in at the end of Jan 2011 and visa approved on 2 march

Hi again everyone...

We have just been told that the company oh had int with are going ahead with sponsership. Phewww. They are only just applyling for eligibility tho the agent seems to think they will have no problems there. They meet the criteria. He also thinks they may be able to fastrack as oh is desperatly required (first time for everything hee hee). does anyone know the rough length of time this part takes?

Stage 2 is putting through us. All being well etc...how long roughly does this take? i know every application is different but i just wondered everyones individual timescales.

Well hopefully now we are a few steps closer to getting on the plane :-))

thanks again everyone

xxxxxx

Yeah rock. They are sponsering the visa. Though they have never done so before. They only employed an agent 2 weeks ago to start the process. The agent doesnt think their will be a problem re their application as they had carried out numerous oz interviews unsuccesfully before trying internationaly. I was wondering if anyone knew the timescale for the whole process.

Yeah rock. They are sponsering the visa. Though they have never done so before. They only employed an agent 2 weeks ago to start the process. The agent doesnt think their will be a problem re their application as they had carried out numerous oz interviews unsuccesfully before trying internationaly. I was wondering if anyone knew the timescale for the whole process.

:nah: you missed the question......... which visa.....

OH has just sent off his 457 application too 1 week ago. There are 2 English guys that work in the same company and theirs took 8 & 10 weeks.

OH's company want him to start early Jan... so fingers crossed ours comes through in that timescale.

Good luck

The way i understand it trixie....the company can fastrack the application if they prove that the employee would be needed a.s.a.p. Mind u i might be wrong. Lol.

Are u getting excited yet? what part of oz are u heading?

we are trying to contain ourselves until the ink dries on our visa's!! i just want it all sorted out so we can get organised. Seem to spend our times saying "but if we are going to oz" or "if we make it to oz"...arghhhhh

Hi there,

I had a job offer in Canberra with the company I worked for in the UK. They weren't able to sponsor us so we got state sponsorship. Once they realised that I had a job offer - we didn't hear anything for 3 months so I got in touch and reminded them that I had a job offer - they processed it very quickly. We applied straight away for the visa (1st week of August) and were assigned a case officer within a week. The following week we were organizing our medicals which were sorted by early September, this would have been even quicker if my OH had not had a small medical issue, the police checks only took a couple of weeks. We were then awarded the visa on about the 20th Sept.

It has been pretty manic since then and I'm flying over on Monday coming to start my job and find a house etc for my OH & kids to join me in the new year. Good luck with everything.

Hi there,

I had a job offer in Canberra with the company I worked for in the UK. They weren't able to sponsor us so we got state sponsorship. Once they realised that I had a job offer - we didn't hear anything for 3 months so I got in touch and reminded them that I had a job offer - they processed it very quickly. We applied straight away for the visa (1st week of August) and were assigned a case officer within a week. The following week we were organizing our medicals which were sorted by early September, this would have been even quicker if my OH had not had a small medical issue, the police checks only took a couple of weeks. We were then awarded the visa on about the 20th Sept.

It has been pretty manic since then and I'm flying over on Monday coming to start my job and find a house etc for my OH & kids to join me in the new year. Good luck with everything.

Hi

Just to say feel free to give us a shout if you need anything when you get here. Can't promise we'll be able to do too much but if you just want to meet for a coffee or something just Pm me.

Sara

Guest biomedical scientist

I got sponsored by ACT Health in September. The visa (457) process was started end of october and was granted just one week later. We are off to London tomorrow for our morning flight on Monday 5th Canberra bound! Can't wait. It seems there is nothing you can do for a while (but we had plenty of shipping companies in (I recommend John Mason), opened up a bank account with Westpac and did as much research as we could. Sold the car on autotrader (took 1 day so don't sell yours too early!). The house has just sold with one day to go (talk about the 11th hour!). Never look back just look forward and even though you may only be in the same financial position as in the UK (but personally they are paying me much more than the NHS and my husband found a job in the Canberra Times online doing the same thing but 3 times the amount) - at least the sun is shining! Good luck with it all!

We got a company sponsored 457 visa and from it being lodged at the visa office it took 10 days. You do have to have all the bits for them to lodge it though and that took a little bit of time. We were told anything from 2-8 weeks. We got here at the start of Nov 2011

Angela