brideycollette

Argh why are some people so mean and awful

I'm a bit stuck here , i don't usually ask for help with this matter but would love some comments .

my daughters school has just called to say her purse has been stolen while she was playing hockey. ( i did think that maybe she had just misplaced it somewhere )

She has just called me crying( bless hr )saying mum i put it in the tray with all our phones too, that the teacher holds .

:dull:Best thing is the school isn't looking into it till Monday !

I did say to the head hangon one min .....why hasn't all the children all been asked to empty their bags to make sure they havn't picked the purse up by mistake :wink::dull: she said oh we aren't allowed to do that !

My Daughter has had no end of trouble with the kids in this school , she gets teased because she is top in each subject, they have even given her another language to do because she soaks foreign language up and enjoys school( now i know kids will be kids ) and she takes this on the chin , also the comments of geek nerd and the old favorite Name calling because she is ginger . She had a 15 yearold boy slam her against a wall ,in the laneway they walk.. to get their buses ! She took control of that herself ( he won't be doin that again, thnkgod for muay thai training )

Millie is a gentle soul who sees no wrong in anyone and she lets things go over her head , but today i think it came to a head . How do i explain why people are like this to her :sad: she is only 11

Brides x

:wideeyed:p.s sorry about the way i typed this im just so angry lol

If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle:cute:

Brides, this is awful. Jealousy!! I would think is the main reason people are like this, my youngest was bullied by 3 boys ranging from 13-7 he was about 5 at the time, when it came to a head OH had had enough and went round and wanted to speak to the father he wouldn't even come to the door, they are cowards who pick on nice, polite and as you say about Millie gentle people as they cannot stand up against their own kind. George had an issue at secondary school with a lad who walked up to him and punched him in the face with no prior warning, had 3 months of taking him to and from school, luckily for the lad George didn't hit him or he would have knocked him out, as George is very solidly built second row rugby player.

I don't think there are words to describe these yobs, the best thing to do is to try and avoid the situation or embarrass the school and go to the local paper if it carries on. Sharonxx

TRA 04/3/11. Pass 21/3. Practical 11/4. Pass 3/5. SS 03/05. SS Grant 20/5. Visa Lodged 21/5. CO 16/06. PCC 25/06.Meds 29/07. VISA GRANTED 4/08/11 :wink:.

Thats really awful, im so sorry to hear that. I HATE bullying!! does the school know about the other incidents? they should be doing a lot more to help

Guest guest37336

I'm trying my best to keep my temper Brides, after all 'battery' of a minor is still an offence I think.:shocked::policeman:

It's nothing more than a pitiful attempt to deride, ridicule someone who has the 'ability' to do well. There are 'some' who you instantly take a dislike to when they are better (academically) than some others, fortunately VERY few children are like this, it is normally the parents who are the ones who ram it down your throat.

But you daughter sounds as if she is a normal young lady who happens to be very good at certain subjects, with this comes a fair amount of grief Brides, as does the 'idiot' in the school.:mad:

People don't like different Brides, very often they threatened by it, or can't be bothered to understand it, and more often than not the things some find strange they poke a stick at, until that is the 'receiver' bites back.:notworthy:

You ain't ever going to change some people Brides, morons, tw7ts all their lives.

It is a fact of life (however hard to swallow) that will always remain true.

Sorry to use bad language Brides, and no doubt your daughter at her age won't understand it as she is young and sees the best in people, but feck em. A hard lesson to learn Brides, but one that most decent people go through at least once in their lives.

As I said Brides, feck em, you are better than that I know, but give her a hug, and one day she will learn and GROW from these experiences, whilst the 'others' are left wallowing in their pits of spite and vitriol.

Cheers Tony.

Its a nigtmare , you bring your children up to be polite and to thrive in things they love doing , and they get this abuse .

Yes Stacey they have been informed they have talked to the children involved but as millie says mum whats the point , they will just get worse . Do you know what, to hear a 11 yearold say to her Mum" but i don't want to be known as a victim because i won't let them make me a victim mum " is an awful thing to hear from someone so young to even use the word victim !

:laugh:She does make me laugh when people call her ginger , she just yawns :laugh:

I'm trying my best to keep my temper Brides, after all 'battery' of a minor is still an offence I think.:shocked::policeman:

It's nothing more than a pitiful attempt to deride, ridicule someone who has the 'ability' to do well. There are 'some' who you instantly take a dislike to when they are better (academically) than some others, fortunately VERY few children are like this, it is normally the parents who are the ones who ram it down your throat.

But you daughter sounds as if she is a normal young lady who happens to be very good at certain subjects, with this comes a fair amount of grief Brides, as does the 'idiot' in the school.:mad:

People don't like different Brides, very often they threatened by it, or can't be bothered to understand it, and more often than not the things some find strange they poke a stick at, until that is the 'receiver' bites back.:notworthy:

You ain't ever going to change some people Brides, morons, tw7ts all their lives.

It is a fact of life (however hard to swallow) that will always remain true.

Sorry to use bad language Brides, and no doubt your daughter at her age won't understand it as she is young and sees the best in people, but feck em. A hard lesson to learn Brides, but one that most decent people go through at least once in their lives.

As I said Brides, feck em, you are better than that I know, but give her a hug, and one day she will learn and GROW from these experiences, whilst the 'others' are left wallowing in their pits of spite and vitriol.

Cheers Tony.

:wubclub:Tony when this lad was intimadating her for weeks in this laneway i so wanted to get right in there :laugh: but she asked me not too . Even the hubby waited at the end of laneway and did the 6ft 2 dad stare at him ( den so wanted to knock his head off ~) but of course we din't because thats :dull:wrong .

Guest Andy
I'm a bit stuck here , i don't usually ask for help with this matter but would love some comments .

my daughters school has just called to say her purse has been stolen while she was playing hockey. ( i did think that maybe she had just misplaced it somewhere )

She has just called me crying( bless hr )saying mum i put it in the tray with all our phones too, that the teacher holds .

:dull:Best thing is the school isn't looking into it till Monday !

I did say to the head hangon one min .....why hasn't all the children all been asked to empty their bags to make sure they havn't picked the purse up by mistake :wink::dull: she said oh we aren't allowed to do that !

My Daughter has had no end of trouble with the kids in this school , she gets teased because she is top in each subject, they have even given her another language to do because she soaks foreign language up and enjoys school( now i know kids will be kids ) and she takes this on the chin , also the comments of geek nerd and the old favorite Name calling because she is ginger . She had a 15 yearold boy slam her against a wall ,in the laneway they walk.. to get their buses ! She took control of that herself ( he won't be doin that again, thnkgod for muay thai training )

Millie is a gentle soul who sees no wrong in anyone and she lets things go over her head , but today i think it came to a head . How do i explain why people are like this to her :sad: she is only 11

Brides x

:wideeyed:p.s sorry about the way i typed this im just so angry lol

That 15 year old boy should be marched to a police station and done for assault although i would hazard a guess that the chances are your daughter would probably be charged for assault for defending herself :cute:, but seriously your daughter should not have to put up with this :nah:

Guest guest59177

The essential thing for you to do is to try and talk your kid into thinking that stealing of stuff doesn't happen to her only - it happens to everyone. So that she doesn't spiral into a self-pitious mood which affects her studies.

Next you need to take the social pulse at her school. Talk to her friends, get them to open up about her. Try to see how people - both her peers and her teachers are perceiving her as. I know brainiacs can have a high opinion of themselves, much to the chagrin of their peers AND their teachers. And yes, sometimes even teachers can get miffed and give the brainy student a hard time. I realized the enormity of the situation when my brother who flunked a course in second semester at college and only staggered all the way through, got the idea of becoming a Teacher Assistant a.k.a. TA. He was exactly the type who thinks its useless to be too studious. HAD he succeeded in his 'ambition', it is obvious what would have happened - the 'chill' kinda people would have benefited and many a brainy student might have wondered why his grades were so apalling!!!! And it actually happened to me. The TA for our compiler construction course made us cram up exact lines from the book. I asked about my marking on a certain question in the exam (yes the stupid instructor let the TA do the checking!!!! talk about third world country....damn there should be a spit smilie here....) and she says 'Ohh you know that girl. I gave her FULL marks on it. She wrote EXACTLY what was written in the book'.

In such a situation, there is only two things to do. Get the hell away from the dung headed crowd, OR find ways to socially integrate with the crowd. This is a life lesson which you should be giving your child right now. Do keep us all posted on how it goes. Best of luck :hug: (and give our young blossoming brainiac a special hug on my account will ya??? :cute:)

Guest Gothic Rose

Awful situation Bridey :wubclub::hug:

Your daughter sounds like she has a good strong will, & you should congratulate her & yourself for raising her the way she is.

It doesn't always help when you're going through a difficult time to hear that these people are jealous or whatever you still have to face these morons petty behaviour.

I don't have many answers but I do have many experiences. Being bullied at school probably set me off on a life of rebellion. I stood out at school for being a lot of things including bright. Just like your daughter I refused to be a victim & so unable to change the nature of bullies, I challenged their fear by looking like their worse nightmare & letting the rumours become ever more extreme. Not an easy thing to tolerate, but I saw it if idiots where just digging at me about appearance or the things they imagined I was getting up to, it freed me from worry that they were getting at me for anything that mattered to me. Does that make sense I suppose I deflected them away from anything that would genuinely hurt me.

Tell your daughter being intelligent is Very Cool & the only person she has to please is herself.

It is awkward for kids and she doesn't rub it in their faces that she is good at the subjects :laugh:she has been banned answering questions in history class though , because none of the rest of the class bothered answering because mills was there already with the answer . So she has stepped back on that.

She is a wee bit differant and she has noticed that this year :dull:her comment why do the girls wear makeup they don't need it ( arghhhhhhhhhhh that's me talking that is lol )

:biglaugh:rose i told her to be the crazy @ss ginger kid and scare them , they will leave her alone then lol .

Thanks guys !

Guest guest37336

:embarrassed:

:wubclub:Tony when this lad was intimadating her for weeks in this laneway i so wanted to get right in there :laugh: but she asked me not too . Even the hubby waited at the end of laneway and did the 6ft 2 dad stare at him ( den so wanted to knock his head off ~) but of course we din't because thats :dull:wrong .

The old dad stare, :notworthy::notworthy::biglaugh::biglaugh:.

Had something that nearly knocked me off my feet only two weeks ago Brides.

My youngests ex boyfriend wouldn't stop pestering her, 17 years old and full of it.:mad:

Anyways, it got to such a state that he said he would come around the house and 'sort her out',:policeman:. So I said to her, 'Look when and IF he turns up I will ask him politely to leave and go away'. Hand on heart that was my intention Brides,:yes:

Anyway up he AND a mate rock at 11 at night on their 'scooters'. As I went outside all I said was, 'Come on Hxxxxx, enough is enough, you both need to cool down'.:yes:

With that he grabs a motor cycle chain out of his scooter bag and tells me to 'Feck Off, I'm not scared of you'.:biglaugh:

OK, I counted to ONE then decided enough was enough, as I went up to him my good lady drags me back, all the time the little tw7t screaming 'Come On Then'.

Eventually he p7ssed off zooming away on his scooter,:biglaugh:.

Saw him in the town two days later and he crossed the road. I KNOW he was only 17 but he is bigger and FITTER than me, but he deserved a bloody good kicking all the same. Took me a long time to stand up to bullies Brides, and very rarely have I ever used physical force, but I will do if threatened.

Bullies are bullies no matter the age, 17 or 70 makes no difference, and it is the ONE thing that I hate about people, a bully is a coward at the end of the day and deserve the full wrath that hopefully one day will befall them.

Cheers Tony.

Guest Gothic Rose

I had a really funny experience a few years after I left school I was in a shop in Oxford Street in London Still looking like the freakiest girl on earth in a good way :laugh: & there was this younger good looking guy serving me, he was quite alternative too & was trying to chat me up. & then suddenly he realised we'd been at the same school & he said OMG you were that girl everyone used to pick on & there he was desperate to get a date. he didn't get my number:laugh:

Tell your girl to checkout this Jessie J song " whose laughing now"

Guest guest59177
It is awkward for kids and she doesn't rub it in their faces that she is good at the subjects :laugh:she has been banned answering questions in history class though , because none of the rest of the class bothered answering because mills was there already with the answer . So she has stepped back on that.

She is a wee bit differant and she has noticed that this year :dull:her comment why do the girls wear makeup they don't need it ( arghhhhhhhhhhh that's me talking that is lol )

:biglaugh:rose i told her to be the crazy @ss ginger kid and scare them , they will leave her alone then lol .

Thanks guys !

No REALLY!!!! WHY DO girls wear makeup??? It ends up wiping away the innocence off their faces usually...

i dont like a facefull of makeup especially when they look tango'd but theres nothing wrong with wearing some. would you prefer girls wore none at all??

Guest guest59177
i dont like a facefull of makeup especially when they look tango'd but theres nothing wrong with wearing some. would you prefer girls wore none at all??

Well a nice do that lightly compliments the natural beauty is OK. But there is something really different about the natural beauty of a girl. Or maybe I should say some girls are naturally beautiful and its an enormity to besmirch that with makeup????

Yeah i know what you mean, I just wasnt sure if you meant no makeup at all. i dont wear much makeup unless im going out to the pub, for dinner etc. otherwise its just a bit of blusher and eyeliner.

I dont think its nice when little girls wear makeup tho, i know they like to experiment when they're a little older but ive saw lots of younger girls completely caked in makeup trying to look older, Sometimes you cant even tell their age! your little girls right, they dont need makeup at that age.

Have a great weekend with your girl and let us know how she gets on, hope things get better, im sure they will x

Guest guest37336
Yeah i know what you mean, I just wasnt sure if you meant no makeup at all. i dont wear much makeup unless im going out to the pub, for dinner etc. otherwise its just a bit of blusher and eyeliner.

I dont think its nice when little girls wear makeup tho, i know they like to experiment when they're a little older but ive saw lots of younger girls completely caked in makeup trying to look older, Sometimes you cant even tell their age! your little girls right, they dont need makeup at that age.

Have a great weekend with your girl and let us know how she gets on, hope things get better, im sure they will x

You mean like this Stacey.

beauty_queens_09.jpg

The world has gone mad when some parents 'think' this is OK,:goofy::mad::mad:

Guest guest59177

'Have a great weekend with your girl...' are you saying that to me???? :eek: :err:

'Have a great weekend with your girl...' are you saying that to me???? :eek: :err:

:cute:maybe to me lepto lol unless you have a weekend planned with a young lady :cute:wining and dining :wink:

beauty_queens_09.jpg

OH tony :sad::sad:is very sad what some parents do eh

:wideeyed:my mills would rather be climbing trees and rolling round in mud :biglaugh:

Guest guest59177

I once saw a program where a big brand name tried to show 15+ years girls how to be 'fashionable'. Needless to say, the 'fashionable look' literally wiped the innocence off their faces. Gave them the 'grown up', 'hungry', 'come after me' look (there are other choicer words but I shall refrain). The point is, the mass media is sending the message out to the kids that this is the way to go....:mad:

beauty_queens_09.jpg

Yeah ive saw this kind of thing before - those beauty pagents in america and also when i watched "my big fat gypsy wedding" on tv once you could barely tell what age the little girls were

nope i meant bridey but if you've got a girl then its to you too :cute:

Guest guest37336
I once saw a program where a big brand name tried to show 15+ years girls how to be 'fashionable'. Needless to say, the 'fashionable look' literally wiped the innocence off their faces. Gave them the 'grown up', 'hungry', 'come after me' look (there are other choicer words but I shall refrain). The point is, the mass media is sending the message out to the kids that this is the way to go....:mad:

I know Lep.

Unbelievable in this day and age. The problem (and I know the world isn't full of nutters) but it's always the innocent kids that pay for some extremely dubious parenting skills of others.:mad:

Guest guest59177
:cute:maybe to me lepto lol unless you have a weekend planned with a young lady :cute:wining and dining :wink:

Nopes, definitely NOT me!!! Us Muslims don't have any extra-marital relationships :cute: Actually, in many cases this is changing nowadays but even then NO going out on dates at night!!! Any 'liasons' would be carried out without the parents' knowledge and would be highly looked down upon by the society. It's all limited to lots of talking, talking, talking with each other. It's only the ultra-modern families that allow the dating scene...