EOI effect on pre July 2012 175 processing times???

PityTheFool

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask everyone's thoughts on the effect (if any) that the July 2012 visa application changes (EOI) will have on 175 applications that are lodged before the changes are implimented.

Looking through recent posts I have seen that some 175 applications have been turned around in 8-10 months which wouldn't be a problem for us. Our only concern is that if we were to lodge a 175 application within the next month or so, and a case worker isn't assigned before the July changes, would the changes delay the processing of the application, i.e. will the new EOI system take priority as these applications could be thought of as being more attractive than an old 175 application?

Any thoughts???

As long as your occupation remains on the SOL, the EOI changes should not impact your application. THe EOI comes in to effect on 1 Jul 2012, but they are saying that the first round of invitations will come out in Jan 2013, and people that have an invitation to apply will have 2 months to lodge application.

SO there will be no new applications for any GSM visas for 6 months, therefore as no new Cat 3's who are getting a CO in 2-3 weeks at the moment. I would imagin that the processing for Cat 4 would speed up, and hopefully they would maybe get started on Cat 5.

If you manage to lodge before 30 Jun 2012, these changes I think would speed up the processing times for cat 4.