and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest carlajmail

NZ wife with all family in AUS wants to move with uk husband to australia

Guest carlajmail

Ok so.

I met my husband 2 1/2 years ago and we have tripped around asia and europe, got married and vola.

Now it is time to go home, however HOME is now Australia as thats where mum, dad, my brother and sister all live!

Am I an eligible NZ citizen to apply for my UK born husband to migrate to Australia? Or do we have to banish ourselves to NZ to gain his residency there then go the AUs in a few years time.

How complex is love?

Thanks carla

Hi Carla

Unfortunately I don't have the answers for you but I wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum, hopefully someone else can advise.

K

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

While NZ citizens can live and work in Australia under a special visa, they don't have the full rights associated with a PR visa. In the long term, it would be better even for you to get a proper PR visa. Would either of you be eligible for a skilled visa? What are your occupations? and which state are you looking at moving to?

Ok so.

I met my husband 2 1/2 years ago and we have tripped around asia and europe, got married and vola.

Now it is time to go home, however HOME is now Australia as thats where mum, dad, my brother and sister all live!

Am I an eligible NZ citizen to apply for my UK born husband to migrate to Australia? Or do we have to banish ourselves to NZ to gain his residency there then go the AUs in a few years time.

How complex is love?

Thanks carla

You are unlikely to meet the criteria as an “eligible New Zealand” Citizen but you may want to begin your research by looking at the New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (Subclass 461).

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."