WonnaBeInWA

University fees

Hi just a random question! My dad is in Perth and in two years me my partner and my 2 children can follow through him (when he applies for permanent residency). My question is that when we make the move does my girlfriend who wants to be a nurse pay international fee's or Australian citizen fee's if we travel over as a permanent resident? Thanks in advance for any information.

Sorry, but what visa are you going to be applying for? with a partner and two kids you can hardly be considered dependent on your father...

No not dependant, but it states on visa burea website and when he spoke to his agent that non dependant family like a son/daughter over 18 years of age may apply for pr through his visa once he has completed two years. So back to my original question....

Is that as a last remaining relative? - sorry just trying to understand what visa they would be applying for - it may help you get more responses - what visa would they be applying for?

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Not sure that you are going to find the visa thing that easy. If you have other family in UK then you wont get in on a last remaining relative clause - IIRC they also take your partner's relatives into consideration. So, you may be jumping the gun here somewhat, perhaps talk to an agent and see what your chances of getting a visa are at all before you start worrying about university fees