Bank accounts-wages going into Uk account when in Oz!

Wellers and Whitehead

Money transfer from oz when I have an oz account or do u mean set this up before I go as i wont have an oz account set up so transfer the money too at that stage? sorry for all he questions?

The best way is to prepare the forex account (for example with MoneyCorp) from now. Then, you can add the OZ bank account later to do the transfer and thus its better that you have this ready.

Note that you can also open OZ bank accounts from the UK before hand. I opened NAB and HSBC (latter for direct transfer since I have an acc in Europe.)

When you arrive in OZ, all you need is to go to the bank and activate the accounts.

You can also transfer the money in these accounts before going to OZ, but then you cannot touch the money until you activate the accounts at the bank personally.

Note that you can also move the money to the moneycorp account (not sure about others). Then you can move the money to your OZ account when you activate the acc in OZ.

Cheers

Money transfer from oz when I have an oz account or do u mean set this up before I go as i wont have an oz account set up so transfer the money too at that stage? sorry for all he questions?

If you have an Oz account, transfer it to that!

If not, keep your UK account open and use your ATM card to withdraw for Oz?

This is expensive (there is a minimum charge per transaction) but at least you have easy access to your funds.