register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Gothic Rose

Childhood Mischeif

Guest Gothic Rose

There is now debate about whether this youtube video was faked ??? Nowadays it seems everyone has a video cam or video phone films everything & hopes their video will go viral on Youtube.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8909281/Flour-avalanche-video-goes-viral-but-was-it-a-set-up.html

When we were young there was no Youtube to post our Antics on. Do you have any stories of your own or childrens antics you'd like to share ?

Guest Gothic Rose

I had a lovely game oneday which I taught one of my younger brothers.

I taught him to play soldiers, this game involved getting a large box of Cornflakes & I walked round & round emptying the Cornflakes with him following & me telling him to march. It makes a most excellent marching crunching sound, However as my mother had just done all her her hoovering a nice calm lets put this on youtube was not what we got.

I have many more tales of this kind hoping to hear everyone elses

Guest Guest31881

We lost the cat for 3 days, I forgot that I had put it the "Boot" of my kiddies tricycle, I would be about 5 i suppose then, :cute:. We did not have Youtube then, In-fact we only had two TV stations and everything was in glorious Black & White

I think the worst thing I did as a child was hang out of my bedroom window (4 storeys high) and pour water on passers by, then quickly jump in to bed and pretend to be fast asleep

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest guest37336

My younger brother (who in later life went into the armed forces,:shocked:) used to 'Court Martial' his teddy bear at the top of the garden.

Took hours, and at the end of the 'trial' he would hang said teddy from our apple tree.:shocked::policeman:

If the admissions at the army depot had known of his past I am sure they would have thought twice.:no:

Guest Gothic Rose

For awhile when I was very young my father used to be a professional singer & had some rather expensive stage suits. He came home one night left his jacket on the back of a chair, & went to bed. He got up the next morning to find my brother sat on the floor with his jacket cutting pretty diamond shapes all through it. He always said he just turned round & went back to bed hoping it was a dream.

Guest guest37336
We lost the cat for 3 days, I forgot that I had put it the "Boot" of my kiddies tricycle, I would be about 5 i suppose then, :cute:. We did not have Youtube then, In-fact we only had two TV stations and everything was in glorious Black & White

Are you sure you 'forgot' Colin.:cool:

Many of the most 'infamous' Psycho's of our time have started on this 'innocent' path.:shocked::policeman:

:laugh: was about 6 trimmed the kittens fur :dull:hid the fur under the sofa ( as if mum wouldn't notice the cat had fur missing lol )then cut my 3 yearold sisters hair . no you tube then , don't think it could of been broadcasted what my mum said and done after she noitced :biglaugh:

If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle:cute:

My parents had a shop when I was little and I remember sneaking downstairs one night and biting the heads of each of the chocolate white mice, I thought if I didn't eat all of it my mum and dad would never know :wub:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest Guest31881
Are you sure you 'forgot' Colin.:cool:

Many of the most 'infamous' Psycho's of our time have started on this 'innocent' path.:shocked::policeman:

:goofy:Psycho,! what Psycho?:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Guest Gothic Rose

I was a proper little Wednesday Addams, I didn't hide the cat, I hid my Brother. Whilst everyone was asleep I took my deep sleeping brother & buried him in our toy box it was a long deep box & I put him in,covered him entirely in toys & went back to bed. I think I sneekily peaked whilst feigning sleep whilst my parents went crazy looking for him. ( he was prone to sleep walking & had escaped quite far in the past )

My only regret was that they found him. such a shame...

I was a proper little Wednesday Addams, I didn't hide the cat, I hid my Brother. Whilst everyone was asleep I took my deep sleeping brother & buried him in our toy box it was a long deep box & I put him in,covered him entirely in toys & went back to bed. I think I sneekily peaked whilst feigning sleep whilst my parents went crazy looking for him. ( he was prone to sleep walking & had escaped quite far in the past )

My only regret was that they found him. such a shame...

:biglaugh::biglaugh:Rose !

Lol @ kate and the white mice, i remember getting my advent calender and taking the back off and eating all the chocs then glueing the back ,back on ! Then looking so shocked on Dec 1st :wideeyed: and the day after etc ( the glue was still wet, mum noticed !) , my mum made me open the doors everyday and watch my sister eat her's:laugh:

If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle:cute:

Guest guest59177

Phew!!!!!!!!! And I thought I was the ONLY pack of TROUBLE as a kid.....

My 'accomplishments' might make a book. But most of them were centred around nicking food... chocolates/toffees/biscuits/cold drinks you name it. Also, MOST of my 'works' were performed in the morning when everyone slept. Once mother closed the cap of a pepsi bottle so tightly we JUST COULD NOT open it. After it sat in the fridge for more than one month I punched a hole in the top with a nail and started drinking bit by bit. Over time it got noticibly lesser and then my Mum took a closer look..... THANKFULLY she laughed over the matter...

Another time my uncle got a new stereo sound system and some audio casettes to play. Of course I couldn't resist pressing the buttons. So one morning I turned up the radio, and just as the announcer said 'It is 7:00 in the morning...' I pressed the record button... overwritting some of my uncle's prize casette.... THANKFULLY HE laughed on this too (don't get me wrong I have had it 'BAD' due to some of my more sinister adventures) but silly me I tried to argue by saying 'What prove do you have tha I did it'.... and he said 'Who is the ONLY person in the house who is awake at 7:00 A.M. in the morning'????? :biglaugh:

Guest Gothic Rose

The Brother incident came back to haunt me years later at a family dinner party, when a rather loud german friend of the family who doesn't know the meaning of restraint or discretion in conversation turned to this now grown brother whom I have little contact & blurts out " Ha so what did you think when your sister tried to bury you ? " deathly silence ensued he had no memory the event & no one had ever told him....OOPs akward moment much & my friend got sharply kicked from under the table

Guest guest59177

OK. Time to share a little secret. How rampant is 'cheating' in exams amongst kids in Britain??? Cheating as in showing your exam paper discreetly to somebody else or whispering an answer, basically two or more people helping each other out.....

Guest Gothic Rose

I wasn't bad at school .....I was more ingenious.......

I appropriated a certain teachers keys which made a little trip down to the metal workshop & found themselves removed from the keyring drilled & hung back on the keyring upsidedown & then returned to the teachers desk without being missed. Oh the confused look on his face was something to behold :cute:

Guest guest59177

The book containing the 'abridged' version of Shakespeare's 'Anthony and Cleopatra' had questions at the end which we were supposed to answer. So I knowingly misspelled message as massage and messenger as massanger. And then wrote short 'stupid' sentences that went like:

"Cleopetra sent Anthony a massage. Anthony didn't like Cleopetra's massage. So Anthony sent his own massanger to give Cleopetra his own massage" :tongue:

The poor English Literature teacher.... she announced in the whole class that people should look at the dictionary and see that someone who gives a massage is a 'Masseuer' NOT a Massanger...

Guest guest59177

So, NO 'Cheating Chronicles' then?????

Guest Gothic Rose

Sorry I never needed to cheat on tests or exams so no " cheating chronicles " from me

I'm more interested in humourous mischief or antics

Guest guest59177
Sorry I never needed to cheat on tests or exams so no " cheating chronicles " from me

I'm more interested in humourous mischief or antics

Ohhhh cheating can be humorous too you'll see. But can you tell me if it is at all rampant in Britain??? I want to compare with things here (situation is BAAAAAAAD)....

Guest Gothic Rose
Ohhhh cheating can be humorous too you'll see. But can you tell me if it is at all rampant in Britain??? I want to compare with things here (situation is BAAAAAAAD)....

I can't answer your question, as I've no experiences to balance it with or compare it to. I don't know if cheating is rife here. Of course there must be persons who cheat in Tests & Exams I just haven't known anyone who shared such stories with me. If you want to share your anecdotes go ahead....

Guest guest37336

We honestly thought Rose that my younger brother may have had a mild form of Tourettes once upon a time.:shocked:

He was bullied at school very badly and after a while we realised it was his 'coping' mechanism that made him a nervous wreck.:no:

All fine now, he is in charge of the 'isolation' wing at his local prison and his confidence has built tremendously, in no small measure due to the army,:notworthy::notworthy:.

However being the youngest in the family mum and dad got sick of the amount of times they were called up to his school to enquire why the bullies often had a black eye, :cool: I used to deny all knowledge of course.:wink:

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest59177

Well I was considered the English language guru. So it fell upon my shoulders to 'help' out with words/meanings. The modality of it was that I whispered to the students right in front of me and right behind me and then they would whisper further. That was OK until I got pressurized into whispering SENTENCES as well. So on the next exam I neatly whispered the UTTERLY WRONG usage of idioms in the sentences while making sure the sentences in MY paper were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and correct. And you WON'T believe that line comprised students who ALWAYS came first/second/third position in the class. Now I don't know if it was my credentials as 'GURU' or sheer incompetence on their part, but they copied everything WORD BY WORD WITHOUT A QUESTION...... Now the checking started and one fine day the teacher came into the class and says to the effect: "There is one line of students who have cheated except one student because their answers are SAME WORD FOR WORD. And they are such buffoons even after cheating they have written the wrong answers. But what I can't understand is HOW did they manage to SKIP one student in the middle??????? :laugh:

Ohhhhhh can I be a PIO angel???? :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Guest Gothic Rose

Ohhhhhh can I be a PIO angel???? :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

Not up to me, though I always like to encourage ambition ........You do realise that PIO Angels may be a figment of the forums collective imagination or of course there may actually be a secret society of PIO Angels that no one will ever admit actually exist.

Guest Gothic Rose

My younger brothers were also fond of mischief making, I was not at home the time they got into experimenting with my former chemistry set & had a little explosion which unfortunately hit my mothers heavy dark velvet curtains & left them covered in bleached out bright blue blobs totally ruined beyond repair .....

Any more stories PIOers do tell ???