857 Visa.......DONE!! great times...

Guest paulf55

Guest paulf55

Hey all

Just thought I would update you and let you know that I have just gotten confirmation that my 857 application has been granted!!!! best christmas present ever.............

Thank you everyone at PIO for all the helpful posts, new and old, made the process so much easier. Now I can look forward to a sweet beach life here on the sunshine coast.

RELIEF......:jiggy:

I completed the whole process myself as didnt have the funds for an agent and it was really easy. No issues at all, just need to be organised!!

Timeline

RCB Certification: April 22 2011

857 Application sent:05/05/11

Payment taken: 13/05/11

CO Assigned: 21/10/11

Extra Info requested and sent:17/11/11

Visa GRANTED: 23/11/11

Hold in there if your stressing, I know I was getting a bit impatient!!!lol

Its so worth it....:biggrin::jiggy::chatterbox::biggrin::goofy: so many emotions!!cant wait to get home from work and pop open the champers thats been in the fridge for ages!!!!!

Guest paulf55

Thank you.

The extra info was about my defacto relationship. They wanted evidence that we are in a relationship and that we see it lasting.

I loaded my application with all the required doc's in the hope that I would not have to supply any more info. It happened really quickly once we got a CO.

Good luck with your app's.

Guest Jubeeslanz

Hi Paul,

Congratulations!! Can I just aswk what visa you held prior to the 857 as I was told I have to have the 457 for 2 years 1st???

Thx Juls

Guest paulf55

Hi Juls,

I originally came to Oz on a working holiday visa 417. I found my current employer after a month and they sponsored me for my 857.

I do not know about the 457 requirements before applying for an 857! sorry.

Good luck with it all though.

Paul

Guest paulf55

Hey,

We were given a list of possible ways to show evidence of our relationship. I think this is a standard thing that is sent to you by the CO.

We included the following;

- Rental documents from the UK with both our names on

- Letters to our current address

- Statutory declarations from both of us regarding our relationship and where we see it going

- Statutory declarations from friends and family - Professionals ie Accountant, Lawyer. We are lucky that we have friends who hold these jobs!

- Photos covering the duration of the relationship

- Flight bookings over the duration of the relationship where we had flown together

- Emails

Thats as much as I can remember off hand.

Hope it helps.