Vetassess for carpenter / joiner

Guest Paul&Tracey1965

Guest johnbaguio
Hi

I did my exam in Feb 09 so its not as fresh in my mind. You construct the roof over a 8x4 sheet of plywood with 3x2 timbers around the edging to act like the base plates.

They give you the height of the roof and from here you work out the angle of the rafters.

Remember to take in two Bevels with you. This speeds up the construction of the roof, without having to change the angles to cut the birds mouth and rafter angles, you can just have them set up for both. They also ask you to attach a hip to this roof you are constructing.

If you are still unsure and need your memory refreshed then pop on YouTube and do a searching for constructing roofs with hips, birds mouths etc.

My friend brought in his Adjustable Roofing Sqaure that can also help with angles.

Stanley Adjustable Quick Square, 0076174460506

Hope this helps

Matt

Hi,

Thank you for your posts it helps a lot since I will be having my assessment next month I'm still concerned on what questions and other carpentry details they have asked.PLS. HELP!!!

Did you have to put on roofs? Have they asked about masonry/concreting?

Kindly fill in some helpful tips anything will be appreciated.

Remain Blessed!:jiggy:

JohnBaguio

jda_13173@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys im in the middle of my vetassess application at the moment. Can anyone tell me where i will take my practical exam. I live in Bridgwater Somerset. Also how much do the trade assesment and the practical exam cost? Also im not using an agent for my app is this wise? Would appreciate your help. PS how much does the 175 visa cost? Thanks Karl

hi guys im in the middle of my vetassess application at the moment. Can anyone tell me where i will take my practical exam. I live in Bridgwater Somerset. Also how much do the trade assesment and the practical exam cost? Also im not using an agent for my app is this wise? Would appreciate your help. PS how much does the 175 visa cost? Thanks Karl

Hi Karl

I did my exam in Accrington and Rossendale College up here in the north west and it cost roughly £700 but that was back in Feb 2009.

I dont know how much they will be this time but check out the following website and you may find your answers there.

Fees and payment (National skills recognition) - VETASSESS

http://www.vetassess.com.au/.../Trade+Skills+Assessment+Guide.doc

I did carpentry level 3 and it looks like that costs $1500 AUS so it would work out around £940.

I am sure someone on PIO will have more accurate costs for you as I just did a brief search via google and found the above.

Not sure about the 175 visa costs as I completed a 176 Sponsored State visa.

Cheers

Matt

Hi,

Thank you for your posts it helps a lot since I will be having my assessment next month I'm still concerned on what questions and other carpentry details they have asked.PLS. HELP!!!

Did you have to put on roofs? Have they asked about masonry/concreting?

Kindly fill in some helpful tips anything will be appreciated.

Remain Blessed!:jiggy:

JohnBaguio

jda_13173@yahoo.com

Hi John

Really sorry about the late reply, I didnt even know I had reply to this thread until I was notified about the message from karl5986.

How did the exam go?

Matt

Guest johnbaguio

Hey WBBB All was good! All the stuff you mentioned were right in the spot.I'm confident although I made one mistake on marking out the door.We started around 9am with the test questions and all and had lunch at 12 then started with the practical at 1pm we were kinda short on time plus assessor is having a migraine but to sum it up twas great.

Thanks a lot for all the tips.

Now I'm on the nerve racking wait for the result.Just don't know how long will it take them to process it any ideas?

Thanks again your such a great help!

• 1 year later...

Archived