Mobile phone cost

Sherbetdip23

Vodafone have 2 infinite plans, $45 gives you infinite calls and texts within Australia, $65 is the same plus $65 credit for international calls. Obviously there's all the small print but it works OK for me.

Also I have just bought my daughter a contract with TPG (a internet provider) costing $14.99 (discounted from $17.99 because I'm an existing customer) which gives her $550 worth of calls and free access to social networking sites - this uses the Optus network.

There's plenty of deals out there you just have to do the leg work (or should I say finger work).

Good luck,

Geoff

Vodafone have 2 infinite plans, $45 gives you infinite calls and texts within Australia, $65 is the same plus $65 credit for international calls. Obviously there's all the small print but it works OK for me.

Also I have just bought my daughter a contract with TPG (a internet provider) costing $14.99 (discounted from $17.99 because I'm an existing customer) which gives her $550 worth of calls and free access to social networking sites - this uses the Optus network.

There's plenty of deals out there you just have to do the leg work (or should I say finger work).

Good luck,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff - is that with a decent itouch phone or similar?

Thanks Geoff - is that with a decent itouch phone or similar?

I originally bought mu old phone when I got the contract, but soon as the iPhone 4S came out I added that for an extra $10 per month for 24 months - that's for the Vodafone contract.

My daughter already has a phone for the TPG contract.

If you already have a UK phone and it's unlocked it will work in Australia as well...

Geoff

I have a question at the mo I'm still in the UK & have Vodafone contract, what I want to know is can I transfer this to OZ when we go??? I know the package will be different, but I want to stay with Vodafone if it is possible, I have been with them for a long time...........

I think you'd have to ask Vodafone.

I'm happy with my contract but have only been a customer for a few months now.

You may need to ask them if you need to have your UK phone unlocked (if it's locked to Vodafone UK) for it to be able to work with Vodafone Australia - if you're bringing it with you.....

Good luck,

Geoff

I originally bought mu old phone when I got the contract, but soon as the iPhone 4S came out I added that for an extra $10 per month for 24 months - that's for the Vodafone contract.

My daughter already has a phone for the TPG contract.

If you already have a UK phone and it's unlocked it will work in Australia as well...

Geoff

That sounds good - thanks Geoff

I have just ordered a iPhone 4s 16gb with virgin. $29 for $450 worth of calls/txts and data(can't remember the amount in data)! Phone price $19 on a 24 mth contract!

I use my phone alot for work so tax time is a great time for me!':)

LOl the Uk and Australian Vodafones are separate companies. You will have to cancel your UK contact and start a new one in Oz. However, Vodafone have a very bad reputation here and have been forced to allegedly spend $1 billion to upgrade its network and services. I don't know anyone who is with them.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1603261/record-complaints-over-vodafone-report

Hi Carla

Don't put yourself through the hassle of any other network and get ready to be bent.

Telstra is the only network that works, fact.

For a data network that works you pay. I use my mobile for most things like right now and will use 3GB a month in data and make a lot of work calls so have just gone for the $129 a month plan (that's the bent) but I got a "free" iPhone 4s as part of the deal.

Ps if you use your phone here for work, even work related emails etc then you can claim tax back.

Enjoy

Alex

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.841551,151.226399

Not fact

Optus is also a very good network, at least in Sydney and others areas around it is

I have a work phone on Telstra, and a personal one on Optus - no demonstrable difference IME in network performance between the two

I wouldn't bother with Vodafone, mind

Some of the pre-paid deals are pretty good here (compared to home) - especially if you bring your (unlocked) UK phone with you and "BYO". $29 a month on Virgin (who are resellers, calls are carried on Optus) gives you $300 worth of credit and 1GB data, which is plenty for most people. I reckon that's pretty cheap. Contract rates, by comparison, can be quite expensive - eg see Alex's example above