Time frame for ENS 121 visa for nursing profession using DRC

mansawant

Hi all, Please can someone confirm when this DRC checklist (using RMA agent) started for ENS 121 visa and what's the current time frame for nursing profession. My wife' is a nurse and her employer NSW Health is happy to sponsor for 457 but refusing for ENS 121 as it takes months to process.

Being a big employer any idea how much time it will take for their Nomination to appove and then if we lodge visa application using DRC then roughly how much time it will take.

They want her to start work in May or June so if the whole process (Nomiation and visa) takes 4-5 months then we can request them to sponsor for PR visa.

Appreciate any info/advice.

...Mansawant

Hi all, Please can someone confirm when this DRC checklist (using RMA agent) started for ENS 121 visa and what's the current time frame for nursing profession. My wife' is a nurse and her employer NSW Health is happy to sponsor for 457 but refusing for ENS 121 as it takes months to process.

Being a big employer any idea how much time it will take for their Nomination to appove and then if we lodge visa application using DRC then roughly how much time it will take.

They want her to start work in May or June so if the whole process (Nomiation and visa) takes 4-5 months then we can request them to sponsor for PR visa.

...Mansawant

are you onshore? why are you asking on behalf of your wife? just wondering why she wouldn't ask for herself........ anyway her prospective employer has offered a 457 & possibly want to see how she gets on in the job before rushing into the PR process unknown.... I think once they are happy with the situation they might go down the DRC route but you'll find it takes as long as it takes iyswim....

are you onshore? why are you asking on behalf of your wife? just wondering why she wouldn't ask for herself........ anyway her prospective employer has offered a 457 & possibly want to see how she gets on in the job before rushing into the PR process unknown.... I think once they are happy with the situation they might go down the DRC route but you'll find it takes as long as it takes iyswim....

Thanks Freesia. The reason I am asking becoz she is not familiar with all these forums she only checks her email. In regards to 457 sponsorship hospital is saying they can't wait for PR processing as they want her to start ASAP. My wife has 17 years nursing experience out of which 16 years is ICU experience so thats why I am asking for the time frame.

...Mansawant

...Mansawant

Processing times under DRC will vary depending on a number of circumstances, but overall it is quite quick. I have had a number of DRC applications finalised in as little as 2 weeks.

The problem is collecting all of the required documents to lodge a Decision Ready PR application can take some time.

457 is generally the quickest option and preferred by sponsors.

...Mansawant

DRC applications doesnt take long time to process,i applied my visa(121) and nomination as DRC on 23nov, got acknowlegement letter on 28nov.letter showing it will about 3weeks to finalise visa nomination.this is what letter says

Processing your nomination

This letter confirms that your Nomination is progressing. If you do not hear from us for a while, do not be concerned. Nominations are generally processed in the order in which they are received. As a guide, it is expected that most applications will be finalised within five to

seven months when all appropriate documents are provided with an application. When applications are more complex or documents are not provided quickly, the application may take longer to finalise.

Please be aware that the department may make a decision on your application without requesting additional information. Therefore you should provide us with all the information

you feel is relevant.

Certified Decision Ready applications will be allocated within 10 business days of lodgement.

It is then anticipated that the case officer will assess the certified Decision Ready application in the week following the allocation. If these applications are in fact decision ready, it is expected that most will be decided within three weeks of lodgement

• 6 months later...
Guest aoneill
Thanks Freesia. The reason I am asking becoz she is not familiar with all these forums she only checks her email. In regards to 457 sponsorship hospital is saying they can't wait for PR processing as they want her to start ASAP. My wife has 17 years nursing experience out of which 16 years is ICU experience so thats why I am asking for the time frame.

...Mansawant

Hi Mansawant,

i am also intersested about independent visa whilst in Oz, i will headin to Oz this aug/sep on 457 visa, but want to apply asap for pr visa. cause i will paying for 2 kids school's fee's, not cheap. any further info would be appreaciated. thanks in advance

Guest Hacking family
Hi Mansawant,

i am also intersested about independent visa whilst in Oz, i will headin to Oz this aug/sep on 457 visa, but want to apply asap for pr visa. cause i will paying for 2 kids school's fee's, not cheap. any further info would be appreaciated. thanks in advance

I have a job with Ramsay Health and they have been really helpful, they sent me a to do list and gave me 10 weeks to collect all the information, this also included having medicals and police certificates and then i sent all the paperwork to to them. They checked it and sent it to DIAC and visa was granted the following week. I suppose different organisations have different criteria when employing overseas nurses.

Hi Mansawant,

Hi Aoneill,

We have been granted Employer sponsored permanent visa (LA 120) in the last week. If you want to apply for independent visa you can start ur visa application any time however if you are looking for employer sponsored PR visa then it will depend upon the employer. As you are already going on 457 visa, you can ask your employer how quickly they can sponsor u on PR visa once u start working for them. Most of the employers are not ready to offer PRs at the beginning but they will once you complete 3-6 months working for them.

Hope that helps.

....Mansawant