and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest renald

Best Places In France

Guest renald

Hi everyone.

i would like to know some information about the best places in France..

There are many places to visit in France but there might be some places that one should not miss them if visited France...

can any one suggest on this..

replies are appreciated....

Guest Gothic Rose

Depends what you're looking for I rode through The Pyrenees , Bayonne, Bordeaux & Loire Valley very beautiful.

Plenty of stuff to see in Normandy - the D-day beaches, the peace museum at Caen, Pointe du Hoc and Pegasus bridge are standouts for me - so much so, I'm doing a 45 mile ultra marathon next year, starting at Point du Hoc, and finishing at Pegasus Bridge...

And, for one weekend every June, Le Mans. :D I can recommend the big wheel at night while the race is on, it's awesome....

Visa Granted 3/4/12!! :D Arrived in Perth Jan 2013, looking for job / house so wife & dog can join me....

Guest renald

Thanks for your replies and i found that some of the places like Provence, Corsica, Dordogne Valley, Brittany are also good to visit and explore..?

My favourites are

Normandy for the countryside, the cider, calvados, mont st michel, Rouen and Honfleurs.

Brittany for the rugged coastline and the unique Celtic influence

Alsace for the mountain scenery and Germanic feel, and the Riesling

Loire valley for the countryside, the wine (esp Saumur) and the chateaux

Basically I love France and would happily spend every holiday there given half a chance

My Brain Hurts!

I liked Marseile. Stunning setting but has a sort of edgy impoverished feel to it. I felt it's somewhere I could easily live. Didn't find the people rude or arrogant as people often perceive the French to be. Quite the opposite in fact.

I loved the fact how I picked up the Metro from outside our hotel to the train station, then up to Paris, then on the Paris metro, then train to London, then tube home. It still amazes me to think how our hotel in Marseille was in someway connected to a few streets from our home.

Guest renald

Yeah.. ferry to France is also one of the best places to visit, and i think Eiffel tower is also there in the list....

and how about the travelling facilities...? any nice beaches in city...

Provence and the camargue, spent many holidays there.... Sigh

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Aquitaine Region in the south west 200 kilometres of generally sandy beaches, food , culture ,wine, people and surf is great :) World class in the Basque Country when it firing, Roll into the Spanish side and its just as good :) weather is nice too :)

I drove from London to Cadiz in the South West of Spain 2 years ago and drove and surfed all the way down the North West, West and South West coast of France, its an absolutely fabulous country for all the above reasons, but is a bit expensive compared to Spain.