Visa Stamp But only 12 months left on Passport

anlopa

Hello everyone,

I am about to send off our passports but I only have just over 12 months left on my passport, should I renew my passport then get it stamped or should I just send it off anyway. we hope to fly oneway in April / May next year.

Passport runs out jan 2013 can anyone see any problems.

Thanks in Advance:notworthy:

Same boat as ourselves! My OH passport is up in Feb 2013, but we're gonna go out to Oz and renew the passport from there!

Would hate anything to be mixed up transfering the visa from one passport to another!!!!

If you are planning on heading to Oz before the passport will expire, i would suggest holding off to renew until you are in the country! Just my opinion tho!

Hello everyone,

I am about to send off our passports but I only have just over 12 months left on my passport, should I renew my passport then get it stamped or should I just send it off anyway. we hope to fly oneway in April / May next year.

Passport runs out jan 2013 can anyone see any problems.

Thanks in Advance:notworthy:

Have experience of this the other way (OH has perm res in UK and visa stamp in original passport) when his passport expired he had 2 options, pay £600 for stamp in new passport or travel with both. Oddly enough he chose latter. Given largely electronic nature of oz visa I think you're safe regardless??

were the same wifes expires next november, we leave one way on monday, so we will renew her passport from oz, no hassle then as we will already be there.

I was thinking of you this morning thinking how excited you must be, you lucky people. Fingers crossed and all the best I look forward to hearing your arrival report. like the look of the rental looks nice.

I have heard the passports are much more expensive to renew in oz, maybe you could get stamp in current passport, then renew and if there are any problems with the electronic switchover you will be able to show your stamp in your old one? Also as passports only take about 10 days to come back, you will have about 4 months to chase up if there are any Problems before you go? But then again if it actually isn't that much more expensive from oz then there's no need. :-)

You should wait 3 months before you renew as if you renew within 9 months of expiry the passport will be for 10 years plus the period to expiry.

The only reason passport renewals are more expensive in Oz ($280.66 vs. £77.50 in UK) is because of the courier fees involved and the price is inclusive of the check and send service (which costs £8.17 extra in the UK).