Medicals referred

Viv n Rick

Hope this puts someones mind at rest, it did it for me!

Hubby, 2 kids and me had our meds etc. on 16/11/11, at Manchester. Lovely staff, very efficient, and Dr. Smith was very professional.

We knew before we left that the medical and urine test was fine. We asked when results of chest x -ray would be available, it would take a couple of days, but if there was anything wrong we would be the first to know. My hubby is being investigated by our GP for a stomach problem, his scan is on Friday, so our GP will have to send the results of the scan to Dr. Smith, to forward to DIAC.

Ladies over 40 be aware, you will have a breast exam at the medical.

This morning I checked for progress on DIAC website. This is what it said,

Person 1 Hubby 29/06/2011 Health requirements outstanding 31/10/2011 e-Mail sent to you 29/06/2011 Medical examination required 18/11/2011 Further medical results received 18/11/2011 Further medical results received 18/11/2011 HIV blood test received Person 2 Me 29/06/2011 Health requirements outstanding 21/11/2011 Further medical results referred 21/11/2011 Further medical results referred 21/11/2011 Further medical results referred 21/11/2011 HIV blood test referred Person 3 offspring 1 18/11/2011 Health requirements finalised 17/11/2011 Further medical results received Person 4 offspring 2 18/11/2011 Health requirements finalised 17/11/2011 Further medical results received

I was horrified that my medical result was referred and not Hubby's, after all, he was waiting for scan and results.

I began to contemplate the amount of wine I am capable of consuming and how many fags I have smoked, ( all for medicinal purposes of course, reckon it's better for a self employed body than Valium, and more enjoyable!)

Anyway, drove myself crazy with worry, then decided to ring Medigration, where we had the meds. I left a message and had to wait for the call back, expecting them to say the blood test only showed alcohol and the chest x-ray was not clear because of the smog clouding the picture!:arghh::arghh:

Lovely lady rang me back. Apparently on one of the many forms we have submitted on this journey,, my surname has one misspelled letter and does not agree with the spelling on my passport!:swoon:I have now had smelling salts and recovered from my faint, although my Hubby's scan is not until Friday.

Still, think I will have a glass of Shiraz to celebrate!

Dear Love Shoes,

176 sponsered skilled PR. Wanted to go to SA, but our agent cocked up and it seems we will now be going to WA!

We went to Perth in 2009, it was lovely, but very hot, so fancied our chances on the other side.

Many on here seems to pussyfoot around the deadly sins of booze and fags, I have search enough threads before our meds! So I thought it was a good time to say we are not all pure and perfect gym bodies, but you can still get through. Hope this will ease some minds!

I went for my medical on 7/11 in Edinburgh and havent heard anything since. Do they normally contact you with results?

No, pretty sure all clinics have to send the results directly to your case officer - although I think they will contact you if anything dodgy shows up - kind of a 'no news is good news' policy.

You could drop your CO an email to see if they've received them - that's what I did and she emailed back the same day saying the results had been received and were all clear.

No, pretty sure all clinics have to send the results directly to your case officer - although I think they will contact you if anything dodgy shows up - kind of a 'no news is good news' policy.

You could drop your CO an email to see if they've received them - that's what I did and she emailed back the same day saying the results had been received and were all clear.

Oh well hopefully that means im clear of any deadly diseases :laugh: thanks.

My husband is booked in with Dr Smith next so here´s hoping that he is as nice as everyone has been saying. They have indicated that they will email him the test results the day after the medical - even more waiting! The visa application is showing that I don´t need a medical which is good because I would not like to guess what my BP is like at the moment!

Guest Guest31881
Am worried that they won't let obese people in to Oz? OH is overweight according to BMI and though I accept his moaning that BMI based on 1950s data and that muscle weighs more than fat blah blah blah - I'd be well hacked off if him being a lady arse meant we couldn't emigrate :-)

Should have nothing to worry about, Its only if it causes medical problems you would have trouble. The amount who post on here worried about being over weight and i have never seen anyone post to say they failed the medical due to weight