Guest ledi

Midwives wanted?

Guest ledi

Hi,

I am Scottish midwifery student married to a Technology Secondary teacher. We have 2 children - an 11 year old and a 7 year old. We are contemplating a move to Australia, but we have many questions. Mainly, the chances of finding work! I have just over a year left studying, so would not be an experienced midwife. However, I have lots of life experience.

Any advice would be greatly accepted.

:huh:Thanks

Guest scottiesuz

There is a lot of info on various other parts of the forum. Have you decided which part of Australia you want to go to? Once you narrow it down then start looking at hospitals in the area. Even a small amount of experience is better than none.

I am moving to Queensland and have a job to go to. I know Queensland Health are actively recruiting at the moment( Ad in this months Midwives mag) so maybe contact them now just to see what they say.:smile:

Good Luck.

There is a lot of info on various other parts of the forum. Have you decided which part of Australia you want to go to? Once you narrow it down then start looking at hospitals in the area. Even a small amount of experience is better than none.

I am moving to Queensland and have a job to go to. I know Queensland Health are actively recruiting at the moment( Ad in this months Midwives mag) so maybe contact them now just to see what they say.:smile:

Good Luck.

Hi,

I am also a student midwife in my final year. My OH is being sponsored on a ENS 121 so I dont need a sponsor just ajob. I met with Queensland Health last week at the NMC conferance in Brighton, they said it fairly hard for a newly quailified to get a job/sponsorship and that I may have to work agency in the private hospitals first, but that often nursing is also required.

The only good thing is I will be able to 'knock on doors' when I get there which they said would help. WA were also there but I did not talk to them as know we are heading to Brisbane, but I think they do take new midwives.

Tina

family of five

WDU filmed 06/07.09, Job offer recevied. AQF III for shoemaker awarded 26.01.12. TRA successful 01.06.12. Qualified as a midwife 23.09.12. 457 Grant 29.01.13 Arrived Brisbane 23.04.13. ENS 186 apllied 16.03.14..