Vetasses or Engineers Austraila

Guest AB1977

Hi people,

I am about to apply for working visa to Oz. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering which complies with the Washington Accord system but have been working in construction for the past 10 years.

I understand that Engineers Austraila are quoting 12 weeks and Vetasses are quoting 16-20 weeks.

I need to get my application in by July 1st 2012 and Vetasses would be cutting it close to the line.

With my degree and working in construction would I be better off applying to Vetasses as a construction Project manager or as a Mechanical Engineer with the Austrailian Engineers??

The Project Manager in construction description with Vetasse actually best suites my area of work.

The Engineers Austraila occuptation description is a bit more broad based.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Construction manager buddy ,

By the sounds of it thats what your experienced in , and obviously you would want to seek work in this sector , so its best to have the VETASSESS certificate validating your claims ,

Im a sheet metal worker , tho within the remit of that trade general fabricator , welkder first class and boiler maker are all subbordinate . , My point being , if i go the extra mile and the extra work for sheet metal work i can still get work over there as welders etc , If i get my Vetassess result just as a general fabricator i may struggle to get anyone to take me on as a sheet metal worker .

Make sense ???

lee

Thanks Lee,

Yeah i see your point. Am actually looking at that option but just a bit concerend with the time of it. What about yourself are you applying for work over there or allready over there.

Nice dogs by the way, you into the shooting?

Anto

Thanks Lee,

Yeah i see your point. Am actually looking at that option but just a bit concerend with the time of it. What about yourself are you applying for work over there or allready over there.

Nice dogs by the way, you into the shooting?

Anto

timings is a pain in the rear for almost everyone buddy , but on this i reraly think its worth going the vetassess way , you can submit a form to them requesting urgent attention and explain your situation , a few on here have done it due to age issues and visa deadlines ,

Im here in the uk and sent my vetassess app off 3 weeks ago , they have received everything and should be 5 weeks from now to hear back , then i need to do a trade test !!! cos im a practical trade, not clever like u :-) haha

I have 4 springer bud , the 2 u see are the girls . I was supposed to go shooting , beating and a little bit of pick up but just didnt have the time to train them up so allas theyre just very clever and very spoilt pets , fast asleep on the sofa now i can hear them snoring .

lee .

Yeah the time thing is getting to me. Also have to do an IELTs english test. Do you have to do this also? Looking to get my Vetasse sent off in the next week or so. All the paperwork and stuff seems to be a pain allright.

Done a bit of shooting before with my friend, a good intelligent dog makes all the difference. Will you bring them over with you?

Guest dguertin

I would go for a Engineer Australia. It is very simple to obtain since Engineer Ireland is a signatory of the Washington Accord.

I am a chemical engineer and got the Engineer Australia accreditation through the same process. It is easy to do and you have to process very little paperwork.

Remember that you are doing this to get your Australian visa. You need to show/prove that the following:

1) You have an occupation in the SOL

2) You have recent skilled experience in your occupation

Since the description of Mechanical Engineer is broad and intentionally so. You only need to show that your current job description meets at least one part of the Mechanical Engineer job description. That is what I did for my application.

See example of the mechanical engineer description that could apply to you (from the ANZSCO code for mechanical engineer):

• studying functional statements, organisational charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication
  • establishing work measurement programs and analysing work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
  • analysing workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
  • organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
  • establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations

Good luck!

Yeah the time thing is getting to me. Also have to do an IELTs english test. Do you have to do this also? Looking to get my Vetasse sent off in the next week or so. All the paperwork and stuff seems to be a pain allright.

Done a bit of shooting before with my friend, a good intelligent dog makes all the difference. Will you bring them over with you?

Booked IELTS at the very beginning bud and sat it 6 weeks ago , needed a 7 in each band , got a 8.5/8.5/7.5/9 8.5 Overall so well chuffed . loads of info on here about it , Revise , Revise , revise , Its not rocket science but their is deffo a format to it and you need to learn how the test is completed . get a ielts book and theirs loads of reviaion on line , surch POI ( Ielts) and youll get loads of usefull links.

Sadly my pooches will be staying here , :no::no::no::no::no: I realy dont like to think about it , theyre my life and its gonna absoloutly break my heart , possibly take them over at a later date but would be a nightmare sorting long tearm fostering for them , ( a year plus)

lee

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same question. I have mining engineering and have all experience in construction industry. Construction Project Manager suites me. But I am little curious that is it mandatory to present any professional license or registration in the field of construction industry? Actually, I applied for Professional Civil Engineer to Engineers Australia but they objected my nominated occupation.

Now, if I apply as Mining Engineer to EA then it would be difficult for me to write Career Episodes as Mining Engineer as I have full time experience of construction industry.

On the other way, if I apply to Vetasses as Construction Project Manager then will it mandatory for me to present Professional License or not?

P.S: I have done my M.Sc Construction Management from UK and then have more than 10years of experience in construction industry.

Please help me urgently.

Guest Claire101

Hi

For what it's worth my husband's engineering degree falls under the Washington Accord and Engineers Australia turned his skills assessment around in a week! We submitted last month, they were quoting 3-4 weeks but by the time we received a receipt from them they had already approved his skills!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...