Beer

BritChickx

Deffo,staff of life:notworthy:,thins the blood out so good for yer as well:wideeyed::laugh:

IF you try it do like i said,take a sip but run it around your teeth,tongue etc,than your taste buds adjust to it,then its :jiggy:time!

Oban is my tipple :yes:

Have you tried grappa? My 2nd fav

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest17301
wish I could drink wine but been scarred for life after too many hangovers from drinking Lambrini as a teen! And cider...yuck :P so it's either beer or vodka :)

Stacey!! To compare lambrini to wine...:no:...(though it was my starting point on the alcoholic ladder,lol) You need to educate your tastebuds, good wine is like good food you dont need to have it in excess......ask for help at your bottle shop, taste the different varieties, theres a huge difference between them, I only really appreciate a chardonnay

I like Toohey'shere in the uk , hopefully its even better in oz ,

looking forward to sampling every bottle of white to find a good one :-) Sauvignon for me :-) Spirits i can take or leave but being a britt on a night out i do like to throw a few shots down me haha

And realy looking forward to trying the cider's .

lee

I've never been a fan of beer until I came to Oz, but I started having mouthfuls of Paul's beer now and then and eventually it grew on me. Now I like Cascade and James Boag's beer...MMMMM :laugh: what did you drink in the UK and what do you now drink in Aus? Or do you drink the same? In the UK I was a vodka girl!

If you like beer in Oz wait till you get back to the UK Britchick, half the price and twice the qualityand taste, may I Theakstones old peculiar as a particular good brew :cute:

Guest guest30085

Mine's a good white wine . . . . :goofy::laugh:

Particularly liked Brown Brothers when over in Oz, and have found some shops stock it over here:jiggy:

Loving Tooheys Extra Dry and Oettinger (German, but cheap here!). I cannae be arsed paying out for most European ales but the latter is cheaper than most domestics. For something different out of a can I love El Jimador margaritas. I got addicted to these babies in Las Vegas, and it seems they are new to the Australian market just as we arrive - timing!

However nothing beats a home made tiki cocktail with fresh juice, quality rum and a ton of crushed ice. Takes a bit of time and effort, but sooo worth it!

I'l maybe be buying cans of BAVARIA in S.A if/when we get there,not bad,dutch it is,5%,£2.99 for 4,bargain booze,must sell it in SA because theres something on the side of the can about refunds in SA,wondering if yer can get YATES aussie white over there as well? which might seem obvious,but its made here i think?blows yer cap right off!:jiggy:

Deffo,staff of life:notworthy:,thins the blood out so good for yer as well:wideeyed::laugh:

IF you try it do like i said,take a sip but run it around your teeth,tongue etc,than your taste buds adjust to it,then its :jiggy:time!

You gorrit bad Pabs,i'm gettin worried about you!:unsure:Yer'll end up in the yankee bar with a Red nose,rede eyeballs and a face full of blue broken veins!!!!:shocked::wink:

You gorrit bad Pabs,i'm gettin worried about you!:unsure:Yer'll end up in the yankee bar with a Red nose,rede eyeballs and a face full of blue broken veins!!!!:shocked::wink:

:laugh:The yankee!:notworthy:taking a trip to town soon with me huyton mates,top beehive,coopers,the globe,lennon bar,flanagans...:goofy:

Put a blindfold on and try the regular beers here in SA,like TEDs,Pure Blonde,Hahn sd,or West End,Carlton.VB etc.Very difficult to tell what's what IMO!All taste pretty bland with no kick.Of course as you start forking out more they get better,like Boags and James Squire.Then it starts getting real daft.Last night thought i'd try a guest Czechoslovakian ale,near died when the barmaid said 9 dollars,:shocked:and that's for a smaller SA pint!The boutique beers are excellent,but seriously daft megabucks!Coopers are probs the best regular beers here.Personally i tend to stick with 5% stuff with taste,like Chang Beer,Lowenbrau and Oranjeboom,around 40 dollars for 24 330 ml bottles.:yes::wink:

Best beer I have had here was at the Wig and Pen in Canberra. Twas an IPA, served in a pint glass. Nectar it was. Made me think of home.

My drinking habits have changed slightly. I homebrew so drink like a :fish: and what I save by homebrewing I lose on volume consumed.

There are a lot of insipid beers here (as there are back in the UK) but there quite of few decent brewerys.

Spirits are out the question now due to $$ here, unless coming through duty free. I miss my whisky...

Wine - now buy stuff by the dozen rather than by the bottle.

Guest guest37336
Red wine for me or a ice cold Magners on a summers evening/ afternoon.

Not a big fan of beer but do like some of the German beers such as Bitburger, in Oz 2 years ago I liked Pure Blonde but can't remember who made it.

I can tell you know Chorlton. Living just over the border from Essex as I do they are indeed a rarity.:biglaugh:

Guest guest37336

When I did drink Stacy anything I could get my hands on, on a bad day Veno's would even suit the bill.:yes:

Though tea total now I don't with hand on heart miss the old booze, with maybe one exception.

An ice cold Cider on a hot summers day,:yes:, but when the old taste buds start to crave it I satisfy myself with a 'Granny Smith'.:idea:......................................................................

She's not best pleased, but what the hell.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Makes me laugh at the way poms say that Australian beer is garbage...

The top 3 selling beers in the UK are Carling, (Canadian), Fosters (Australian) and Stella (Belgium)

Best Beers in United Kingdom

The United Kingdom citizens have preferred ales in place of lagers for the past several centuries. However, lager beers have been gaining ground in Britain also and the sales of regional ales have been affected seriously by big national lager brands. Carling, previously known as Carling Black Label, is the largest selling beer in Britain, which is originally from Canada. Equally surprising is the fact that the Australian beer brand, Foster’s Lager, is in second place in the United Kingdom, followed by Stella Artois of Belgium and Carlsberg of Netherlands.

http://www.foodandbeverageunderground.com/top-selling-beers.htm

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

To be honest I dont really like the taste of any beer or alcohol at all but still drink anyway!! But then again I'm Irish so say no more.

Love Guinness but stopped drinking that cause it was too nice.

whats the Guinness like out there anyway? Pobabbly too hot for it and better off with the point bottles of bulmers(Magners for UK) with lots ice, do they have that out there?

Fosters (Australian)

Cheers, Bobj.

Brewed in Tadcaster by John smiths ( bitter ) ,

I like a fosters but wouldnt dream of actually calling it Australian .

Do they do these imports out there Dave , Peroni , Corona , Amstel , Miller or Tuborg ???

Think theyre ( in order ) italian , Mexican , dutch or is it german , Canadian and german again ( could be wrong )

lee

To be honest I dont really like the taste of any beer or alcohol at all but still drink anyway!! But then again I'm Irish so say no more.

Love Guinness but stopped drinking that cause it was too nice.

whats the Guinness like out there anyway? Pobabbly too hot for it and better off with the point bottles of bulmers(Magners for UK) with lots ice, do they have that out there?

Can only talk about Adelaide ab,bought a can in a pub there,$9 for a 440 ml:shocked:,switched to Tooheys old,similar and cheaper

Brewed in Tadcaster by John smiths ( bitter ) ,

I like a fosters but wouldnt dream of actually calling it Australian .

Do they do these imports out there Dave , Peroni , Corona , Amstel , Miller or Tuborg ???

Think theyre ( in order ) italian , Mexican , dutch or is it german , Canadian and german again ( could be wrong )

lee

By gum...Taddy, one of my old stamping grounds 50 years ago...

Cheers, Bobj.

PS. I must not digress.:laugh:

I must not digress.

I must not digress.

Pablo,

Love your picture man, this thread was made for us. Must set up a beer appreciation site!!:-)

$9 for a can of Guinness???? I would very very quickly adapt to the local natives tipple of choice! It was the same when I was in Tokyo it was €9 a point of the black stuff.

Pablo,

Love your picture man, this thread was made for us. Must set up a beer appreciation site!!:-)

$9 for a can of Guinness???? I would very very quickly adapt to the local natives tipple of choice! It was the same when I was in Tokyo it was €9 a point of the black stuff.

Lol cheers ab,tbh thats a singapore sling i think,took it in the crown plaza singy airport on our stopover,thought when in rome etc.....